PDA

View Full Version : My second plip key wont "plip"

Laine_16v
26-10-2006, 09:24
Hi,

My new valver came with 2 keys, both plip ones.

The first one works perfectly for everything remote central locking, dissabling immobiliser and you can use it manually too.

However the guy said the battery was flat in the second and wont do remote central locking. However actually looking at the key today the battery is fine and the red dot glows brightly.

BUt the key will only unluck the doors and boot manually, the remote central locking doesnt respond to it at all.

Is there some sort of way to register this second plip key with the car?

THanks.

Laine_16v
26-10-2006, 10:54
Lol if i unluck the car the conventional way by turning key in door as soon as i open the door the alarm goes mental.

If i lose this key im fooked, hope there is an easy way to get the other one working too?

projectvalver
26-10-2006, 11:37
mate mine done excatly the same!!!

Disconnect the battery and re-connect done the trick for me, now my remote central locking works fine and the alarm doesnt go off. Give that ago 8)

Andyvalver
26-10-2006, 11:39
My 2nd keyfob dont work either mate. Apparently you have to get it encoded by renault :x

MatBrown
26-10-2006, 12:06
If you take the plips apart they will have a sticker in there with a code on, see if they match.

Mat.

Laine_16v
26-10-2006, 13:10
neither have stickers on them when you take them apart.

nyk
26-10-2006, 13:20
I think this is a common thing with valvers. I have two keys and they're both a bit hit and miss. Sometimes one unlocks and then I have to use the other to lock. Sometimes its the other way around, but I think mine is to do with the sensor in the car.

Unfortunately my car is delocked, and I recently had an incident when I took my battery off the car and the doors were locked. The battery was flat and on charge and I had put the bonnet down!!! DOH

A wire coat hanger soon did the job though. LOL

:lol: