PDA

View Full Version : valver with cams vs williams 2

lewis_willy2
22-10-2006, 19:13
ok guys as above maybe a stupid q? will i cream it?

lewis

richy
22-10-2006, 19:17
depends on state of both engines/what cams if its mapped properly/exhaust system/fuel/tyres lol :lol:

lewis_willy2
22-10-2006, 19:32
thats my thoughts. and how wet n shite the weather and ground is.

thats all i needed to know really. its not gonna be as straight forward as i wanted it to be.

my mechanic friend has gathered a few cars to drive on his private test track. an almera gt,rover 220 turbo, standard renault 5 gtt and a 16v with cams. he reckons the 16v and almera will give me a good run and the only one i wasnt sure of was the 16v?

lumoxs
22-10-2006, 20:52
i've heard - that a standard williams will be a valver with cams........ how true it is i am not sure

Martin
22-10-2006, 20:56
A stnd williams is damn slow lol well some of them are.....I'd say it might well be close

clean16v
22-10-2006, 22:22
williams should beat it all day everyday....

although if the valver has had cams timed properly, with a custom map..could be close

nyk
22-10-2006, 22:24
If its got cams it will almost certainly have chip/exhaust as well. You need a chip to get the most out of the cams.

It's not like the most easy/first mod people make, people go for exhaust and induction kit first.

I'd expect it to be a little quicker, depending on weather conditions and what tyres its running.

Well mapped cams will add about 15bhp. Add on the higher rev limiter and the very small power gain from exhaust/chip.

Obviously consider the drivers capabilities as well.

VIPERONE
22-10-2006, 22:48
On the flat it'd be a close call, providing the cams are timed in perfectly via vernier pullies and the correct map on the ECU, there area few standard "freak" valvers that I know to be close to standard wilies.

its the torque thats the best thing about the williams' go up a hill -same rpm and gear as a valver, and you will see.

Its not a cost effective modification on a 1.8.. for the price of a camkit, chip/map and installation, you could have placed a willy engine in, and modded it.
btw ive owned a 1.8 before, and compared against willys,
0-60 evenish, after that the willy says goodbye and goes in to the distance.

Plattsy
23-10-2006, 09:28
my mate and my other mate both had a run, one in a willy and the other in a valver, they had same mods apart from valver had a decat and the valver beat the willy in a straight line... is that one of the "freak" valvers?

TriO`
23-10-2006, 10:33
or a slow willy ^^

lewis_willy2
23-10-2006, 10:36
this guy has just bought it.

red n reg 88k zorst filter and cams. not sure about pulleys remap or head work but its clean and standard.

ive pointed him our way

lewis

nyk
23-10-2006, 13:17
let us all know how you get on against it.

For us with the cammed valvers, would be interesting to know.

:lol:

lewis_willy2
23-10-2006, 14:04
well i jus took my m8 out in my williams on the same stretch of road that he went out on in the 16v and said my car will ruin it. my thoughts are its jus a set of cams. not setup properly. i'll have a word with him wen i see him. it wasnt driving conditions here last nite!!

my m8 has owned a lot of cars, over 20. too many to mention, he now wants a williams :D

enough said

lewis