PDA

View Full Version : Insuring 2 Cars

Coops
22-10-2006, 18:40
what does every1 do? basically the valver is insured and the polo isnt. i want to insire the polo for commuting to work and general weekday use. then the valver on limited mileage as my toy. thing is i asked insurance company n they said to do both on current policy i will have to restart, but that means waiting a whole nother year to rack up the no claims, seems stupid giving up half way! what about just taking out a totally unrelated policy on the polo with another company?can you do that? and if so am guessin i cant use my no claims on both policies

basically, whats the best way to do it?! :P

richy
22-10-2006, 18:45
ive insured mine with admiral and direct line, the williams is on limited milage, and ive insured the bug eye as std milage, will be switching them around once ive sorted the bug eye, u can get insurence for both cars on 1 company/policy but it was cheaper for me to get 2 different companys

:)

Coops
22-10-2006, 20:12
what bout no claims? as its on one policy already i take it i cant use it on the other?

richy
22-10-2006, 20:15
yeah only get 1 set of no claims if both with same company, but i get 2 lots lol, got coming up 3 years and 6 years! :lol:

stew
23-10-2006, 00:45
yeah i use my 2years ncd on the hyrbird track car, and then different policy for the polo with no years ncd. :cry:

worth it tho.

Coops
23-10-2006, 21:13
am payin 550 on the valver with 3 years ncb, and just sorted a quote to cover the polo on no ncb for 385, none too shabby imo! 8)

Andy P
23-10-2006, 21:22
Thats not too bad mate.

Take into account of running costs of both cars, tax, mot, general repairs though.

Does it work out worthwhile?

nyk
23-10-2006, 21:52
Thats not bad at all.

I will have only 1 year ncb when my policy is due for renewal in early december.

Then I will have to insure 2 valvers, so I've been looking at multi car polices to insure the two together.
My renewal for my original car is coming out at around the 600 mark on its own and the same again for the 2nd valver, I had a quote today from admiral on multicar and for both valvers together it came out at just over 1K which I dont think is too bad at all. If I insured them seperateley it would be more near 1200. Reckon I can get it down from 1K a bit more yet tho by shopping around more.