PDA

View Full Version : FAO Rich

Gav
22-10-2006, 17:13
Hi mate,

was going to pm but cant find ur username.

That bottom end i brough off you, can you answer me these questions

1/ What parts on it were new?
2/ what cond are the piston rings in?
3/ were there any other problems with the bottom end other than the oil prob?

Thanks mate

Gav 8)

Rich
22-10-2006, 17:27
hi mate, the shells are new and the oil pump is new also (brand new from renault not 2nd hand brand new) the piston rings were bang on afaik mate, the only problem was the crankshaft oil seal which i missed when i was replacing bits :oops: if it had a new crankshaft oil seal i would gladly 100000% run it in my own car. i was just at a point where i was needing the car quickly and it was faster for me to buy another engine and fit it as opposed to waiting for a new oil seal.
oil pressure was excellent too (6k cold start 3bar at 3k revs when warm)
however like most valvers it did idle at 0 bar when warm but not low enough pressure for the oil light to come on or anything and there was absolutely 100% no knocks from the engine mate!

you finally gettin round to doing something with it or are you selling it on?

richy
22-10-2006, 17:31
i can vouch for the oil pump, i got it from work(renault), cant beleive you couldnt be arsed to fit a seal and sold the engine! was spot on :shock:

Rich
22-10-2006, 17:32
you knew how long the car was in bits for mate! just got pissed off in the end and wanted it done quick

richy
22-10-2006, 17:35
yeah understandable! did spend many a night under the car( just felt like sleeping there) lol

Lunner
22-10-2006, 17:43
you knew how long the car was in bits for mate! just got pissed off in the end and wanted it done quick

hate it gets like that, mine has to come back out at xmas, leaking crankshaft oil seal

How much did the oil pump cost you, tempted to take the opertunity to swap mine while engine is out

Gav
22-10-2006, 17:43
hi mate, the shells are new and the oil pump is new also (brand new from renault not 2nd hand brand new) the piston rings were bang on afaik mate, the only problem was the crankshaft oil seal which i missed when i was replacing bits :oops: if it had a new crankshaft oil seal i would gladly 100000% run it in my own car. i was just at a point where i was needing the car quickly and it was faster for me to buy another engine and fit it as opposed to waiting for a new oil seal.
oil pressure was excellent too (6k cold start 3bar at 3k revs when warm)
however like most valvers it did idle at 0 bar when warm but not low enough pressure for the oil light to come on or anything and there was absolutely 100% no knocks from the engine mate!

you finally gettin round to doing something with it or are you selling it on?

No mate, im rebuilding a new engine and using ur b/e but i needed to know how everythng was b4 i went ahead and rebuilt it, i was gonna get new piston rings but ive looked at them and they look real good, and if ur confident with them also then it's all good.

So, all that needs doing is fitting a new crankshaft oil seal and job's a good'un??

richy
22-10-2006, 17:51
i beleive it did have a full rebuild, new pump and other bits, i was shocked he took it out and sold it cus of a seal lol

Rich
22-10-2006, 17:55
they look real good, and if ur confident with them also then it's all good.

So, all that needs doing is fitting a new crankshaft oil seal and job's a good'un??

correct mate :wink:

Gav
22-10-2006, 17:59
legend!! :D