PDA

View Full Version : Induction Kit Help

Piper
22-10-2006, 13:26
Whats the best induction kit for a standard williams.

I was looking at getting a PiperX Viper kit but I can't see one avalible for the Mk1 willy ? On the PiperX webby they only offer their standerd kit not the viper version for all Mk1's. Any ideas?

Thanks

richy
22-10-2006, 13:29
if u want something like the viper u will need to contact brun off here, he was/is selling the adapters for the throttle housing, you can then buy a kit and some flexi/silicone pipe to join it on

richy
22-10-2006, 13:30
btw the best is proberly a std box with itg panel filter, and a decent feed to the bottom of the std box!

cliolord
22-10-2006, 13:31
btw the best is proberly a std box with itg panel filter, and a decent feed to the bottom of the std box!

Agreed

Piper
22-10-2006, 13:41

But will that give me the nice sound of a induction kit ?

cliolord
22-10-2006, 13:46
yes. If you drill some holes in you airbox but to be fair mate there is not much point in making a racket....Removing the airbox removes the inlet silencer just liek when you add an exhaust it removes the exhaust silencer in a way. The more holes you drill the louder the roar but then you will start getting heat soak. I would leave it but if you want to sell you original airbox to me, I will gladly buy it!!!!!!

Piper
22-10-2006, 18:59
Except for the sporty noise whats the point of getting an induction kit ?

richy
22-10-2006, 19:03
other then the noise not alot of point, under bonnet temps get quite hot on these cars! and with the airbox just infront of the rad wont help at all, which is why everyone opts for the std box with panel filter and a feed to it, much cheaper too!

Piper
22-10-2006, 19:18
Is this the right filter I need ? Looks the wrong shape etc to me

http://www.merlinmotorsport.com/product_info.php?products_id=91

And when you say decent feed ?

Do I just make a hole in my bumper and duct it to the bottom of the filter box.. Is there any problems with rain with this. Any pics would be of great help :P

richy
22-10-2006, 19:23
next to the n/s fog light is a blanking plate, u can take it off from behind and fit a pipe from there to the airbox pipe, just helps with getting cooler air in then that of the radiator!

richy
22-10-2006, 20:13
sorry yes thats the one, as above fit that and a flexi pipe to the std airbox feed at the bottom and you will be fine! :)

VIPERONE
22-10-2006, 22:29
The best sounding induction for roar is the hill power mk1 induction kit, with blue fibreglass heatshield.. ive tested k and N Green, pipercross...by far the loudest and best sounding is The hillpower one.

gunner

FincH
23-10-2006, 11:01
Surely for some nice gold days/nights in winter a fat induction kit (Pipercross) will not just sound good but peform as good as a std box setup. I'm talking below 10c here btw!?

pat_986
23-10-2006, 11:20
See here;

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15793

Piper
23-10-2006, 21:06
itg panel filter on its way :lol: . I'm not to bothered about the sound really. It can wait till I get TB's.

To save me going going out in the rain. :roll: Can anyone tell me what diameter the feed into the std air box is ???

debottomley
25-10-2006, 19:04
Think im the only one on here that uses BMC CDA and k-tec inlet manifold adaptor, it sounds brilliant like nothing ive ever experienced and picks up its cold air feed directly behind the n/s headlight and wing.

Piper
25-10-2006, 21:47
debottomley the BMC CDAs do look good. But I have just got my new itg filter through the door. just going to make my own duct from the FNS

debottomley
25-10-2006, 21:52
Fair play lad I would run similar set up had it not been for the fact that these parts went straight on from my valver beforehand, plus to buy these bits again would cost a fortune! stick with your set up and tell all what you think to it!