PDA

View Full Version : Heads

Andy P
21-10-2006, 16:42
Whats the difference between F7P and F7R head? Once everything is stripped out, whats the difference.

Reason is 1.8 heads are easy to pick up and quite cheap, wouldnt mind getting that worked on with bigger valves and different cams then drop it on once its all done.

Ta

Chris H
21-10-2006, 17:03
inlet valve dia, short turn radius.

the 1.8 heads actually better in that respect. The 1.8 heads a better base to start from if porting.

MatBrown
21-10-2006, 17:04
Williams head has larger valves than the 16v but if your having this done anyway it shouldn't make a difference.

Mat.

Andy P
21-10-2006, 17:33
inlet valve dia, short turn radius.

the 1.8 heads actually better in that respect. The 1.8 heads a better base to start from if porting.

Good good. Cheers.

Is it better to go for a bigger valve? Like the Megane valve?

I heard that mi16 valves are bigger too?

Chris H
21-10-2006, 17:48
the pug ones are 34 mm ish and yes they can be used.

stan
21-10-2006, 17:51
The seat diameter is obviously larger to accomodate the extra on the valve head.

Megane 33mm inles are what i use on one of my spec heads...they need over-size inserts to make them work properly.

Mi16 inlets do fit, i have them on one of my heads, but unless your prepared to start dicking about with machining retainers etc, i wouldnt bother. They are a heavy/bulky valve, and ideally need to be reduced on the lathe to bring the mass back in line with the OE item.

stan
21-10-2006, 17:52
The seat diameter is obviously larger to accomodate the extra on the valve head.

Megane 33mm inles are what i use on one of my spec heads...they need over-size inserts to make them work properly.

Mi16 inlets do fit, i have them on one of my heads, but unless your prepared to start dicking about with machining retainers etc, i wouldnt bother. They are a heavy/bulky valve, and ideally need to be reduced on the lathe to bring the mass back in line with the OE item.

Andy P
21-10-2006, 17:57
Well my plan was to pick up a head somewhere and overtime get it worked on. Bigger valves, ported & polished etc.

Possibly different cams depending on how it goes.

Got any advice on which way to go with it mate?

richy
21-10-2006, 18:59
i had a 1.8 head fitted with 33mm valves/full port work etc, fitted it with std cams at time due to lack of cash, but that combined with the supersprint manifold and full system/decat it really improved my williams! pulled through the revs stronger and quicker, would of been madness with cams/remap!

its worthwhile if you can afford it

stan
21-10-2006, 19:32
33mm inlets, with decent spec cams will yield nice gains.

get in touch if u want further more indepth info.

BenR
23-10-2006, 00:33
if your stuck and cant stretch to larger inserts for the 33's i have a set of willy 32's spare and can use them on stock inserts for 95% of the gains.