PDA

View Full Version : Mk1 brakes

Andy P
20-10-2006, 16:18
What size is standard mk1, ph1 clio 16v disks? 259mm?

Do they differ from week to week and colour to colour like all other french shite?

Because my new standard 259mm disks dont fit my original hubs, or calipers. Does it make a difference if the fixing holes on the disk are counter sunk or not?

God i ****ing hate cars :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Thanks

richy
20-10-2006, 16:20
yes 259mm vented discs, every set ive bought so far fit fine, from reno items to gsf/local motor factors etc! you sure they havent given you the wrong model etc lol iirc the fixing screw holes are counter sunk,

Andy P
20-10-2006, 16:23
Well they were fine on my valver, not this one. The mouting holes for the caliper is about 1mm out. Its almost like the disk it too big.

You know how annoying that is?

Im replacing my shite ktec big brake kit with standard disks, wish i hadnt bothered :x

Hybrid soon for sale lol

bass_direct
21-10-2006, 05:04
are you using the ktec calipers? (or carriers i think they supply for bigger discs)..

if so you'll need original setup i'm guessing :)

MattyH16valver
21-10-2006, 10:35
are you using the ktec calipers? (or carriers i think they supply for bigger discs)..

if so you'll need original setup i'm guessing :)
That sounds right, the garage that fitted my original kit took of the original renault carrier brackets, and added the ones from the kit. I think you need to get these again. Wish I did'nt get rid of mine now....new I should have kept them. Probably either end up going back to original setup myself or 4 pots :wink:

Andy P
21-10-2006, 10:39
Yeah going to get some calipers later. Standard valver, standard setup.

Hopefully [-o<