PDA

View Full Version : my car feels slow.

measor
17-10-2006, 17:04
Anyone ever feel like there car just isnt running right? recently changed the plugs and leads about 500 miles ago and the oil and filter change about 1000 miles ago but it just feels a bit sluggish and rusty - if you could describe the engine performance in that way!?

it also runs pretty poorly in heavy rain as if the air filter is bein clogged, i have a cold air feed running straight between the gap of bonnet and bumper, not sure if this is causing the problem or maybe the k and n filter is just a piece of old shit that needs replacing.

Can anyone help? i want my car to be fast again :(

unrealneo
17-10-2006, 17:19
Poorly in heavy rain....

Do you have a rain catcher for the bonnet vent and a spark plug cover?

I'd change the filter too if it looks old...

measor
17-10-2006, 18:02
yeah i got a rain catcher but my spark plug cover came unattatched a long time ago and melted on my manifold, ill try and source one then.

unrealneo
17-10-2006, 21:18
yeah i got a rain catcher but my spark plug cover came unattatched a long time ago and melted on my manifold, ill try and source one then.

Haha snap! :lol:

mattib
18-10-2006, 10:26
it needs a service and tune mate! mine was the same. ohh and that cover?? yeh mine found the manafold 2!!! lol

measor
18-10-2006, 18:18
lol just another common fault with this car I guess.

service and tune, the service I can do myself just need to know what actually gets done on a serivce -

new leads, new plugs, oil and filter change, fuel filter change, dizzy cap, coolant flush - anything im missing?

as for the tune, do you know the price and what sort of place to get this done?

mattib
18-10-2006, 18:25
not in your area mate soz! :?

hank3944
18-10-2006, 21:34

Me too funkin stank for ages.... Them two screws are jank...

mattib
18-10-2006, 21:37
i fought wen i was driving around that some1 had a fire going untill i went about 10 miles and it still smelt lol :?

Andyvalver
18-10-2006, 21:51

ha ha snap here too. I thought to myself, whats that smell, and then put the window up cuz i thought someone was burning plastic outside. Then started to feel a bit sleepy as i was slowly being poisoned :lol:

mattib
18-10-2006, 21:58
hey mate got a valver 4sale. no t&t. engines fine and bodys ok. il email u pics. email addy??? offers mate