PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!!

Sercs
17-10-2006, 16:57
I wrote my williams off 2 wks ago. i'd only had it out the bodyshop a month!! well gutted!! anyway, claimin at the min and insurance have come back with their first offer :- £1,800. not happy about that considering i had a full respray and a whole new drivers side put on it!! i have rang them up and they have asked me to show evidence of why and how i think it is worth more.

so, y i need help. . . .

any suggestions as ways of doing this would be much appreciated.

i will be looking for similar cars on autotrader, etc, i will be sending in the bodyshop reqiept for £3,500 worth of work. if any of you are currently selling a WILLIAMS 1, would you mind if i could use your car as an example?

cheers peeps.

pics to follow

bass_direct
18-10-2006, 03:34
always reject the first offer, they'll offer you more next time i've heard.

Laine_16v
18-10-2006, 07:13
insurance valued my valver at £900 we are trying to get more lol.

wavy
18-10-2006, 11:45
craig 100 has his willy1 up for sale £4000 iirc
its mint

surly having a reciet for over 3000 means its worth over 3000 ??
fekkin insurance companys suck
i know they would try this with me and i dunno what u could do to argue with them apart from saying its a very limited number
wich cant be replaced ??

good luck

stew
18-10-2006, 12:32
just coz uve spent 3000 dont mean its worth 3k.

its what the market value is unfortunatly, and recently the price has taken a huge fall! :(

my track car is only insured for 1500 (coz thats all the shell and engine is worth), but like for like mods. that way if i write it off i should get around the 5k ive spent on it. if i came to sell mine i doubt id get more than 3k for it currently. :(

MAXIBOY
18-10-2006, 14:44
agreed value the only way to go. otherwise they can offer you book. though even on auto trader you can find loads around the 4 to 5 mark. find some dealer adds for that price and explain thats what its going to cost you to replace yours for another one. seems fair then.

J o n
18-10-2006, 14:50
yup,as above, agreed value is the only way! I have my engine insured for £7k seperate to the car.