PDA

View Full Version : 3 points, £90. naughty naughty naughty!

fasterthanjesus
17-10-2006, 09:39
ahem.
:oops:

if it wasnt for the black mondeo, (that was infront slowing me down) I would have had the book thrown at me.

the reason why i was followed on the m55, was because according to police records my insurance has ran out, its on an automatic renewal and it ran out at 1am, but is currently being processed. if it wasnt for this, i think the unmarked land rover would have ignored me, as i met up with it at slower traffic.

i also got given a fixed penalty notice for £30. i wasnt wearing a seatbelt. I didnt have the heart to tell him i was doing my tie up.

theres a crossing out on the fixed penalty notice where the copper made a mistake. i wonder if that makes it void?

forgot to say, average speed was 97.

Jimbob
17-10-2006, 09:45
Nah, crossing something out wont void it, as long as the new info is correct. Doh!

You were 'lucky' to get the FPN though, one more mph would have been a summons, lol!

VIPERONE
17-10-2006, 20:52
i bet it was over 97..probably the lazy officer couldnt be arsed putting a green card together lol.

good escape

fasterthanjesus
17-10-2006, 22:07
thats what a pretend copper at work told me.

lucky escape indeed.

VIPERONE
17-10-2006, 23:27
one of those moments when you pass a patrol position at speed.. do you go on..or slow up lol....

fasterthanjesus
19-10-2006, 10:35
Ive had 4 people now say "they cant issue more than one notice by the roadside, a summons should be in order"

come on gunner, help me out here....

Jimbob
19-10-2006, 11:56
They can only issue one endorsable notice at the roadside, but they can also issue non endorsables at the same time. So its perfectly in order for them to issue you with one for speeding (endorsable) and one for the seatbelt (non endorsable). So technically you can be issued with multiple tickets as long as only one is endorsable.

Once they've dealt with it by an FPN, they then cant also summons you for the offence, that defeats the idea of the ticket.

Crossers
19-10-2006, 16:14
That is if they pay the fine and produce their docs of course!!

Fail to do either you can be summonsed.

Paul

Jimbob
19-10-2006, 19:03
^^^ indeed, summons is automatic (as long as you were also reported at the same time) if you dont pay up!! But you cant pay up then still be summon's

VIPERONE
19-10-2006, 19:14
i'd hit the record button on my phone when he was issuing me with my ticket, then view his statement on the green card, lol see if his words and the wordson his statement corroborate.

LOL

on a serious note as per jimbob, andcrossers/ more than one non endorseable ticket= a summons.

he must have disliked you..mind traffic officers are ruthless.

Jimbob
19-10-2006, 19:36
^^^ dont you mean more than one endorsable ticket?

fasterthanjesus
19-10-2006, 19:40
maybe i shouldnt have laughed out loud when he said

"at your speed, if a stray deer were to cross your path, you'd be dead".

he wasnt local !

VIPERONE
19-10-2006, 19:43

u in scotland,as we cant issue more than one non- endorseable...
lol

Martin
19-10-2006, 19:44
^lol @FTJ:lol:

Jimbob
19-10-2006, 22:54

u in scotland,as we cant issue more than one non- endorseable...
lol

Lol, nope! Ha ha, never mind eh!