PDA

View Full Version : Changing oil filter !!!!

MR JUD
16-10-2006, 07:36
Hi, thought i would give my williams 2 a service at the weekend, all going very well untill it came to change the oil filter, what a job !!! unless i was doing something very wrong i had to remove the bonnet slam panel, move rad out of the way!!! :shock: :D

Laine_16v
16-10-2006, 07:40
Hi, thought i would give my williams 2 a service at the weekend, all going very well untill it came to change the oil filter, what a job !!! unless i was doing something very wrong i had to remove the bonnet slam panel, move rad out of the way!!! :shock: :D

Yeah that way, or you can get underneath and do it through the gap between the subframe and sump. I normally stick a very long screwdriver through the filter and turn it (through the gap), saves all the slam panel business.

Jamie.
16-10-2006, 09:01
i put my hand through the space by the front light and reach down, worked a treat last time, came off np's, i hasten to add that was prob a bit of luck also.

Martin
16-10-2006, 13:33
Same as Jamie..no probs, just don't overtighten the new un'...bob's your mothers brother.

MAXIBOY
16-10-2006, 13:34
plus smear a bit of oil on the new seal as that helps them

Swervin_Mervin
16-10-2006, 14:03
Be careful doing it Jamie's way. I did that and knocked the earth off the Alternator and starting getting sparks! :P

I just did it my normal way. On my back with my arms straight up between the subframe and sump. Not too difficult.

MR JUD
16-10-2006, 16:01
Be careful doing it Jamie's way. I did that and knocked the earth off the Alternator and starting getting sparks! :P

I just did it my normal way. On my back with my arms straight up between the subframe and sump. Not too difficult.

Thants ok if the old one is not to tight, where as mine was, had to put a screwdriver through it :D

Andy P
16-10-2006, 16:49
yeah but if you ram a screw driver through it and its still too tight then you're ****ed. I wouldnt want to be the one to take that off then :lol:

I do it the same way as Martin and Jamie. Make sure you get a slim filter though :lol: