PDA

View Full Version : new paint

carlisleboy
15-10-2006, 17:24
rite, sorry for sounding a bit anal here, but im sending the valver in2 the bodyshop 2mz for a full respray and 2 sort arches, dints etc. anyway, wen i get it back does anyone reccomend any products theyv used or nethng on new paintwork or are u not ment 2 pollish etc for so long or wat?!!

any advice would be very appreciated as i wanna keep it lookin mint wen its done!!

Andy P
15-10-2006, 18:37
Firstly i would have waited untill after the winter for a respray, but thats my imo.

But the bodyshop will probably advise you not to use anything for a month or so.

But from then on...meguiars 8)

Lunner
15-10-2006, 18:50
no they wont cus guess what they'l do to get the paint shining, polish it with a cutting compound, usually G3, you can polish it stright away but they will ahve done that for you so no point

Andy P
15-10-2006, 18:52
Yeah that should have been done when its flat & polished. They buzz G3 then G10 over it. Depending on the quality of the job sometimes they wont need to attack it so much with the DA

stan
15-10-2006, 19:00
Whereabouts are you getting it sprayed mate?

nyk
15-10-2006, 20:02
The car will come back to you buffed ans shiney, but I'd personally leave the paintwork for at least aweek to fully harden off properly. I mean dont wash it or polish it or anything.

big hp
15-10-2006, 20:16
The rule is don't polish/wash for 2 weeks.

carlisleboy
16-10-2006, 15:44
cheers people, ino, i shud av waited til after the winter but if id done that the rust thats getin sorted would have got well bad over the winter so diidnt wana wait ne longer. getin it done at a place i kno near michael thompsons in upperby area called andrew hetheringttons. hes done a few of my mates cars n that n does a good job without breaking the bank so!!