PDA

View Full Version : valver gauges + Rad Q

joshydee
14-10-2006, 19:18
1) my engine temp gauge is giving no reading, where is the sensor for this? and is it likely to be the sensor causing no reading

2) my oil level gauge only works with the ingnition in position 2 then falls to 0 when the engine is running

3) where are the bleeding points on the cooling system of a 1992 valver.

Sorry for all the questions guys but i don't know much about mk1's with working on a mk2 mainly
ta
josh :)

Laine_16v
14-10-2006, 19:21
1) my engine temp gauge is giving no reading, where is the sensor for this? and is it likely to be the sensor causing no reading

2) my oil level gauge only works with the ingnition in position 2 then falls to 0 when the engine is running

3) where are the bleeding points on the cooling system of a 1992 valver.

Sorry for all the questions guys but i don't know much about mk1's with working on a mk2 mainly
ta
josh :)

Ok,

1) Yes there is a sensor, could be dials, wiring or the sensor check the connections or take it to an auto electirican to check out.

2) This is completely normal, what would the point be of measuring the level of oil when its running? Oil will be sloshing eveywhere.

3) Just one, at the side of the radiator there is a little black circular thing to unscrew, on the battery side of the rad. To aid bleeding fill the system on a dowward slope with th header tank at the highest point of the cooling system.

Hope that help.