PDA

View Full Version : French electrics!

TonyW
14-10-2006, 10:23
Ive just bought a williams 3 (awsome car by the way :lol: ) but here are my problems:

passenger window going down but not up
sunroof not working but its not closed so is whistling, fun!
heating fan isnt working (although the heater is)

any clues please would be much apreciated?!?!?!?

Laine_16v
14-10-2006, 10:29
Ive just bought a williams 3 (awsome car by the way :lol: ) but here are my problems:

passenger window going down but not up
sunroof not working but its not closed so is whistling, fun!
heating fan isnt working (although the heater is)

any clues please would be much apreciated?!?!?!?

1) So the window goes down, and it wont go up if you use both the passenger side switch or the drivers side? If not then you have to clean the contacts in the switches and check for voltages.

2) Sunroof will probably be the motor, im not sure where the motor is cos my valver never had one, but i think where the interior light if you pull that off and its there. Again probably a duff motor, check the voltage to the motor and replace if neccesay.

3) Heating fan will probably be corroded connectors on the multiplug than plugs into the blower, or at worst the resistor pack.

Involves taking scuttle panel off wiper mechanism off e.t.c to check it out, haynes covered it pretty well for me.

Daz.
14-10-2006, 11:52
^^^ As above - sometimes with the switches its easier just to get a set of good uns off any old clio at the scrappy..

Sunroof motor is behind the remote central locking reciever - unclip and unscrew the panels and you'll see it there - again scrappy or anyone off here with one - be prepared to have the whistling even when its working and shut - once upto motorway speeds I always had a whistle in both clio's I've owned, One of the main reasons I got a 2 was because of all the problems I'd had with them.

3 = pass!

Never had a problem with any so not had to fix one and learn how it works!

MatBrown
14-10-2006, 12:14
The blowers will be one of three things.

Either the plug at the back of the control panel,
The plug under the scuttle panel,
Or the dropper resistor.

Mat.

TonyW
14-10-2006, 17:28
cheers everyone for the advice. Ill give things a go and let you know what happens!!!

Daz.
14-10-2006, 17:49
Mat quick un - How come the car has good strong air flow to all the vents bar the drivers side one? nowt ever blows out of it!

Not horrific but irritating!

MatBrown
14-10-2006, 19:11
Is the flap moving when you open/close it?
Remove the 3 screws holding the vent on and see if it makes a difference, if not i would say the pipe that runs accross the dash has come off somewhere, have a word with Northy as he has just taken off and refitted his.

Mat.

Daz.
14-10-2006, 21:12
aye I had the cover off the other day - I thought the pipe as it squeels like a bitch on full pelt in the dash somewhere..