PDA

View Full Version : What wilwood pads do you use + brake help

J_A_R_B
11-10-2006, 00:16
Hi All

I have not had my car to long but I believe the pads on my wilwoods are poly E pads? I have over time lost stopping power in my brakes and wondered what you guys recommeneded (which pads fluid etc you run). I am running Millers race fluid and standard pads at the back. I have a new set of pads ready to go on the rear which could change. I wondered if a fluid (brake fluid over year old) change may help as well as a new set of front pads and possibly put my new front discs on which have as a spare set but to be honest they didn't have much wear on the front discs so can't see the point. Has anybody experienced the same with their wilwoods? its just the brakes aren't as great as they were 7 months ago (inc 1 track day) Anybody got any suggestions?

regards

James

James_R
11-10-2006, 00:38
I use ferodo DS2500 pads, if you can get them for the calipers you run then I'd recommend them from experince. Fluid wise any Dot 4 shoudl be up to road use, if it's tracked the AP600 fluid.

Brake fluid should be ok after a year but can't help to change it.

northy
11-10-2006, 07:46
the poly e's are the most suitable pad mate - what disks are you using ? the fluide should be good for another year yet.

My race car apparenlty uses mintex blue brake fluide and standard pads and disks all round. Its the first clio i have ever driven with breaks that actually work.

Zollo
11-10-2006, 08:53
Just Wilwood Poly E pads in mine mate.

J_A_R_B
11-10-2006, 10:14
The stopping power has got less over time just not as good a when first put new pads on. The discs are group n spec heat treated ones i think they were from walkers garage (dont quote me on that) what do people run on the rears in regards to pads and discs or is it not worth spending the money and are standard pads and discs fine?

thanks for comments so far

regards

James

J_A_R_B
11-10-2006, 10:16
forgot to say after the trackday brakes were still good

Zollo
11-10-2006, 10:18
I've just got standard rear pads and they have been, and still are, fine after the three track days I've done on them. Brake fluid is just normal stuff they use at Merc dealers :)

J_A_R_B
11-10-2006, 10:34
On your wilwoods how low do you let you pads get before you replace them?

stan
11-10-2006, 10:55
If your doing regular trackdays, i would recommend changing the brake fluid on a regular basis.

J_A_R_B
11-10-2006, 11:07
GazTwo

with running the pads so low have you experienced a loss of brake power?

regards

J_A_R_B
11-10-2006, 12:54
Has anybody tried the poly d and e pads if so did you see any difference between the two.

regards

James

Zollo
11-10-2006, 13:11
Not used the Ds, but Mark R said they take longer to warm up and squeal more from what I remember. Unless you're doing lots of track days, I wouldn't bother with them.

J_A_R_B
11-10-2006, 13:16
Thanks Zollo

Has anybody had first hand experience with them? Having spoken to rally design the poly d is there most popular pad.

regards

James

richy
11-10-2006, 18:47
i run wilwood poly E pads too, total std rear set up though, had mine well over a year and no problems yet, always worked spot on...

just change the fluid and check the pads/discs are not knackered