PDA

View Full Version : what should i spend a few hundred on?

remix16V
10-10-2006, 22:31
right ive now sold my old car and the valver is hinting it wants some money spent on it.
its got a viper induction, decat SS system but thats pretty much it performance wise.
is there anything i can do to it for a few hundred quid that any of you guys recommend

this is my first 'proper engined' car, havign owned a 1.3 fiesta and a 1.6 mk4 golf.looking under the hood was either nothing there or full of covers and electrics.but with the clio i wana try learn some stuff.so any sites or info people wana give will be muchos apreciated! 8)

arj256
10-10-2006, 23:39
BB tuning do the ignition packdage deal for £100 which is Kv85 leads, Ngk spark plugs, and a new dizzy and rotor arm.
Good if yours are old.

Or refurbed front calipers/new fluid and fast road pads. For a nice new brake setup, as the standard brakes on 16vs are good.

Or keep it for when it decides to play up :wink:

MatBrown
11-10-2006, 01:18
I would definately suggest spending the money on service items.
www.gsfcarparts.com & www.eurocarparts.com are both good places to look.

Mat.

remix16V
11-10-2006, 19:58
cheers guys.
just before i bought it the plugs, head gasket and cambelt were changed along with an oil change too.

arj- i got some money tucked away for tht day already, this is just some 'pocket money' :wink:
might do a pad upgrade like u suggest, just improve that abit before going for abit more speed