PDA

View Full Version : Williams 2 New owner, new on here. Tech question?

Lathafummi
10-10-2006, 21:41
First of all hello
Just picked my 2 up and its got a few little faults.

1. Tacho goes normal to about 2k then move slowly to 3k when the limiter cuts in. The car is pulling and rev it just apears to be the tacho. Any thoughts?

2. How much play should there be in the steering seam very loose, again thoughts?

Cheers for any help

Denis

jay s
10-10-2006, 21:57
1. common problem, you need to change the back of the rev counter, pm mat brown he should be able to sort you with one.

2. another common problem, play in the steering is down to a knackerd column, don't know of one clio that has'nt had this problem one time or another.2 options, get a new one or get yours welded. i got a new one when mine went as i did'nt like the thought of it being welded but alot on here have had it welded and not had a problem afaik. anyway what ever u do it transforms the handling when done so try to get it sorted soon.
http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15389

3. welcome to the site :D

Lathafummi
10-10-2006, 22:03
1. common problem, you need to change the back of the rev counter, pm mat brown he should be able to sort you with one.

2. another common problem, play in the steering is down to a knackerd column, don't know of one clio that has'nt had this problem one time or another.2 options, get a new one or get yours welded. i got a new one when mine went as i did'nt like the thought of it being welded but alot on here have had it welded and not had a problem afaik. anyway what ever u do it transforms the handling when done so try to get it sorted soon.
http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15389

3. welcome to the site :D

Cheers and sorry for the double post not really sure what happend.

My dads handy with a welder so thats a job for him
And ill pm Mat Brown now :)

jay s
10-10-2006, 22:16
there was a guide about where to weld the column but a think it got deleted when the forum went down the other week. it needs welding somewhere down the bottom neer the universal joint but don't hold me to that. might be worth putting up another post asking where to weld the column.

Lathafummi
10-10-2006, 22:28
there was a guide about where to weld the column but a think it got deleted when the forum went down the other week. it needs welding somewhere down the bottom neer the universal joint but don't hold me to that. might be worth putting up another post asking where to weld the column.

Found one ;)