PDA

View Full Version : f7r megane bottom end into a valver

number1
08-10-2006, 22:22
Hi peeps i have just been given yes given!! an f7r megane bottom end i couldnt believe it at first!!

so what bits do i need to mate it to a valver head and place it in? heard the starters different but i have a slim (recon) one on my valver already,
are the flywheels different? also this engine no longer has a sump will a 16v sump fit? my valver already has fast road cams and pulls well, will these work ok with the 2ltr bottom end? and do i really need a williams ecu or can you get the valver ones remapped?

think thats it!! lol

Dave

bass_direct
08-10-2006, 22:26
you need a F7R starter motor and bracket to make it fit...

some of the sumps are the same

i believe you can use a remapped valver ECU

you can use your valver cams..

clio_rsi_turbo
08-10-2006, 22:26
lucky bugger!! ive been looking for one for ages now.
only things that i know of are that you use the valver flywheel, and yes you can use the valver ecu, you'll have to get it re-mapped tho.

number1
08-10-2006, 22:35
cool, thing is the starter i have is the same part number for the williams and clio 16v, its way smaller than the one i took off hoping it will fit, just been given a f7p motor too with a blown big end so it doesnt look like ill have to take mine off the road while i do most of it :) my gearbox is on it's last legs so i need to think of something else, like to keep the revs down in top for better motorway cruising but i think a valver box was ok..

Dont look for one i wasnt, this one just appeared in front of my eyes practically, i saved it from the scrapyard, just been pulled out of a megane with a broken cambelt, mechanic blokey thought the bottom end was fine however the customer wanted a complete engine, im going to pull the bottom end apart and overhaul it, maybe just re-ring it and check the shells and thrust bearings.

Dave

FincH
08-10-2006, 23:14
Gah don't be lame.

I'll give yer £100 for it :D

Luck of the Cornish eh? :p

number1
09-10-2006, 22:26
No dont think i'd sell it lol, never going to sell my valver so might as well fit a 2ltr motor, i have a complete spare 1.8 motor with a knackered bottom end which im going to use the head, sump oil pickup and flywheel off etc, might sell my engine i have in the car now as it's a freaky 1.8 motor and buy a set of williams orientated cams.

with the megane dipstick tube it looks to be in the wrong place.. do i need to use the valver dipstick and tube? tried getting the tube out of the megane bottom end and think it might snap.. :S

Dave

lumoxs
11-10-2006, 18:22
would you like me to help you with this dave :lol:

Dancliovalver
11-10-2006, 18:28
im doing the same as you mate, i have a megane bottom end and im using my modified valver cylinder head, am doing it all myself and i cant tell you how easy it is, the only time i have used the haynes manual is to know what torque settings i need lol :lol:

number1
11-10-2006, 22:15
cool! lol im pretty clued up as lumoxs will tell you im currently hybridising his valver, this should be ok, although ive heard i may need a proper megane sump and im still stuck on weather i can use a valver sump, dipstick and tube..

May also wait until i can afford throttle bodies before i fit this motor :D

Dave

lumoxs
11-10-2006, 23:14
mmmmmmmmmmmmm throttle boddies

summeh
13-10-2006, 00:28
starter motor bracket... use the one off the valver.

dipstick, sump etc... should be able to use a valver or willy one.

Is it a 710 or 714?

If its a 714 then the oil level/temp sensor you will need to use a valver/willy jobby, as the loom connection is different to the one that comes with the meggy 714 lump.

A few other things are different, depending on whether its a 710 or 714.

710 is more like the willy 700, and valver bottom end.

number1
13-10-2006, 18:58
Its a 710 didnt have the temp/level sender in the block so was going to use a valver one anyway, my starters a hell of a lot slimmer than most valver and williams starters ive seen, i work in a car parts shop so can get most things super cheap! and the starter i have now is the same code for williams and valver. as for those brackets i have took them off every car i have ever had to change a starter and they do not go back on, the only thing i do believe in is manifold brackets to stop them twisting,

going to put new rings in it, freshen up the block with some black block paint (not sure if thats the best colour for leaks) then start building it up, going to sell my cammed valver engine once the 2ltr is almost ready and put the money towards some decent cams and pulleys

Dave

MAXIBOY
14-10-2006, 13:24
if buying cams pm benR or stan on here and use catcams as there the beat available for the money