PDA

View Full Version : Spoilsports

NickFr
25-04-2005, 11:18
Watching the last few laps of one of the most exciting F1 races for ages, 4 laps to go and ITV decide it's a good time to go to a commercial break!...is this just me or does this somewhat detract from watching it LIVE....complete tossers :?

Swervin_Mervin
25-04-2005, 11:29
Yes. But it was still dull and Shoemaker was never going to get past. This will always be the case as long as they insist on not taking the "backward" step of cutting the amount of wing they run and giving them big fat slicks.

With more mechanical grip and less aero grip they'd be able to overtake without their "air" getting messed up.

jill
25-04-2005, 11:51
Shoemaker

:lol:

KingStromba
25-04-2005, 12:38
Niki Lauder said he over took, and was over taken more often than not in his career when he missed a gear.

I say keep the cars as they are but manual boxes with clutches. Miss a gear out of a chicane and your toast.

NickFr
25-04-2005, 12:39
I agree, however even if he could have overtaken, would ITV have stayed " Live " or gone for the money with a commercial break.

Mark_Ritchspeed
25-04-2005, 12:55
Yep ,the adverts with just 3-4 laps remaining piss me off all the time with ITV. Can you imagine the uproar if they did this in the final 3-4 minutes of a football match?

Why the hell they cant just wait that extra 5 mins and put the adverts on as the cars are crusing back to the pits is beyond me.