PDA

View Full Version : Bad,Bad day !!!!

cliorod
07-10-2006, 20:30
Due to my new !!! rally car,still not 100% complete,but more importantly not had any serious testing,I have had to pull out of my fave rally the Tour of Mull :oops: :cry: :oops: ,spent a fortune,these past few weeks new 16" wheels and new Michelin moulded slick tyres,but I just ran out of time and money ~~ to some extent :oops: :oops:
not helped by the fact,mymate who has been building the car,has been off work ~~ waiting to have an operation. :( :(
For those who know rallying,and particular MULL :lol: ,they will understand the high costs involved, £400 entry,£300 for the Ferries,Van/Trailer hire,on event insurance for the bodyshell in the event of an almighty is £280 ~~ just for the event :( :(.Only thing now is to look forward to spending some time,helping the organisers at signing on and Marshalling.
Many thanks for all the good luck mentions I got :oops: :oops: .
Will keep you posted about the future
Rod.

wavy
07-10-2006, 20:54
thats harsh mate
loads of money down the swanny
sod the testing :lol: a skin of ya teeth win would be awsome :lol:

cliorod
07-10-2006, 22:09
Thanks for that ~~ but Mull does not take prisoners. :( :( one year,it was p**sing down,on the first stage a 14.7 miler down the Glen Aros road,and then through Dervaig and over the Hill Road to Torloisk Junction,we had moved up 13 places :lol: :lol: ,not due to my driving :oops: :oops: but these cars had gone off ~~~ retired whatever.I've done the event 16 times (I think) and finished 4 times :( :(
You can usuallty reckon on 25% going out on the first night,so better to recoup some costs now,should get a substantial refund for my entry,nothing to pay on the ferry,and the Petrol order has been cancelled ~~ saving a lot :wink: So more money for me and Diane to spend in the Mishnish,whilst they are racing around all night ~~~ Pub stops open throughout the rally ~~~ Hic Hic :wink: :wink:

2 live
07-10-2006, 22:14
thats a real shitter for you mate. gutting. can the irish 1 not be made raceable?

hope u enjoy the bars tho ;)

cliorod
08-10-2006, 01:31
the Irish car still needs the engine and box in,plus new extinguishers.belts etc :oops:
Need to get my a*se in gear when I get back,shut the Irish car and one of my motorbikes :cry: :cry: