PDA

View Full Version : suspensin overhaul

Ahmed Bayjoo
07-10-2006, 15:33
im gonna freshen up my suspension, but not too sure on wat bits to change, any suggestions/advice is welcomed. :)

so far i got the springs and shocks covered.

wat else?
complete wishbone with ball joints and bush---- renault
top mount kit--- gsf
wheel bearings---?
lower ball joints---?
arb and clamps---renualt/gsf ( wats the clamp for?)
shock bump stop---?
track rod ends/tie rods--- renault

the above info is wat ive managed to find out looking at old posts, any bits that should be included, well basically any advice is needed :oops:

jwarren2k2
07-10-2006, 19:26
eurocarparts.com will do alot of that stuff.

my stuff got delivered next day too!! i really rate them! :D

Ahmed Bayjoo
09-10-2006, 13:20
:anyone:

MAXIBOY
09-10-2006, 17:33
right top mounts and the top mount bearings as they become part of the strut assembly so it pays to do them at the same time as the springs and shocks. apart from that the other parts only need doing if there worn. but bottom arms and ball jionts are a good idea if you got the cash. geniune renault parts though.

northy
09-10-2006, 17:35
steering column

Ahmed Bayjoo
09-10-2006, 17:43
:) steering column is done, i had it welded and the improvement is awesome, thanx to everybody who recommended me doing it.

i asked the question on the suspension, cos im gonna be doin my shocks and springs so any other bits that would make an improvement i thought id do at the same time.

and considering how good it feels from just doing the steering , im temtped to sharpen everything up.

maxiboy thanks for that, would u upgrade any bushes as well?

wat bit is the bottom arms?
thnx

MAXIBOY
09-10-2006, 17:51
no just use new renault bushes in my opinion. the bottom arm comes complete from renault i think with bushes installed. not sure about ball joints though. the bottom arm is the one that connects the bottom of the hub to the subframe.

Laine_16v
09-10-2006, 17:59
no just use new renault bushes in my opinion. the bottom arm comes complete from renault i think with bushes installed. not sure about ball joints though. the bottom arm is the one that connects the bottom of the hub to the subframe.

Bottom arms include ball joints too when bought from renault.

Ahmed Bayjoo
09-10-2006, 19:53
ok said it wrong when i meant upgrade the bushes i meant get new ones from renault :)

in regards to ar bushes , i take you change the ones on the wishbone as well as in the middle?

is the bottom arm not the wishbone which comes with ball joints and bushes already on :?