Martin
06-10-2006, 12:23
:shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwCoPOOWvLA&mode=related&search=

Your sparring partner off RS stoney has made a vid. :wink:

2 live
07-10-2006, 19:47
lol.............class.

not that much in it for the price diff really lol.

Zollo
09-10-2006, 11:20
Just shows they can go pretty damn quick when they're driven properly. Awesome cars 8)

northy
09-10-2006, 11:33
Class....Well done stoney !

2 live
09-10-2006, 11:59
must admit...its one of the very few iv seen being driven hard.

J o n
09-10-2006, 12:41
lol @ the comments on there

Zollo
09-10-2006, 15:51
The Williams got its arse kicked? Shows how much quicker the V6 is? I'd say an arse kicking would have to be more than a couple of seconds :roll:

Winston
09-10-2006, 17:14
not great quallity vid but does show how much quicker the V6 is, guy in the williams was driving way beyond his abillity just plain dangerous.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Daz.
09-10-2006, 17:31
lol - The v6 won but which looked more fun I ask thee?

Zollo
09-10-2006, 17:35
lol - The v6 won but which looked more fun I ask thee?

Down to personal preference, but I'd say a rear-drive Clio would be pretty good fun!

Daz.
09-10-2006, 17:52
^^^ I agree actually lol - I of course would need to do some back to back tests :wink:

Martin
09-10-2006, 19:38
^^^ I agree actually lol - I of course would need to do some back to back tests :wink:

Is that a no so subtle about face lol

lowpro
09-10-2006, 20:34

IMO I don't think he was driving it hard mate, just quick and steady. Don't forget this is a £28,000 car and one that's no longer for sale new... :wink:

Daz.
09-10-2006, 21:40

Is that a no so subtle about face lol

Walk away son... just walk away.... =;

:lol:

2 live
10-10-2006, 08:10

IMO I don't think he was driving it hard mate, just quick and steady. Don't forget this is a £28,000 car and one that's no longer for sale new... :wink:

even more of a diff in price then. not bein funny, but i think id be as pissed off as he seemsto be if a car worth 1/4 of his, with a less experienced track driver at the wheel is still somewhere near on a track

i know how he feels about the not being able to buy them new any more.same with the williams, and the 172, and the 182 now. things move on.............sometimes :wink:

Zollo
10-10-2006, 08:42
even more of a diff in price then. not bein funny, but i think id be as pissed off as he seemsto be if a car worth 1/4 of his, with a less experienced track driver at the wheel is still somewhere near on a track

And there are plenty of other people who would be pissed off. I can't imagine Ferrari owners crying themselves to sleep each night because the latest FQ Evo is only a second or so slower around a track than them. That's because Ferraris offer quite a bit more over an Evo other than performance.

Same with the V6 - there's more than one reason the V6 cost more than the Williams, and the fact that - on this occasion - it's faster around a track is just another bonus.

J o n
10-10-2006, 08:46
I'd say the V6 driver was giving it death, once they run out of grip they also run out of ideas... probably why he stayed on the safe side of grip ;)

2 live
10-10-2006, 09:15

And there are plenty of other people who would be pissed off. I can't imagine Ferrari owners crying themselves to sleep each night because the latest FQ Evo is only a second or so slower around a track than them. That's because Ferraris offer quite a bit more over an Evo other than performance.

Same with the V6 - there's more than one reason the V6 cost more than the Williams, and the fact that - on this occasion - it's faster around a track is just another bonus.

aye there is that..but thats takin it to the extreme a little.

Zollo
10-10-2006, 09:24
Not really - they'll be people on Evo forums boasting that there car can beat a Ferrari that cost five times as much. And they're missing the point as well!

2 live
10-10-2006, 09:49
im not missing any point mate.

some ppl see the vee as a supercar, and it does have some qualities of such, the engine/drivetrain layout is all in the right place for a start. it has the right no. of seats. etc.

but tbh thats as far as it goes....end of the day its another reno, so it isnt exactly wot u expect to see in supercar circles.

and the performance of them shows it doesnt really belong in the supercar circle.

its a great piece of engineering from reno, and a brave of them to put it into production wen theres so small a market for them. which is prob why they stopped producing them.

great piece of marketing, and no doubt you could have some huge fun in one, but for the money theres more cars out there that you could have more fun in.

which point have i missed?

Zollo
10-10-2006, 09:58
You must be missing some point, if you think he (or anyone else who owns a V6) is pissed off that a Williams is only a couple of seconds slower a lap. Not everyone buys a car looking for the best price/performance ratio - you seem to miss this point, because you said...

2 live
10-10-2006, 10:19
there is the point that ppl will buy whatever they want. which comes down to personal choice.

yes

doesnt mean we all have to agree on it tho.

Zollo
10-10-2006, 12:57
doesnt mean we all have to agree on it tho.

Very true indeed. Kinda what I was pointing out - people want different things from different cars :wink:

lowpro
10-10-2006, 14:15
One point you are missing 2Live is as follows: -

He is not upset at the fact that you, or any other person, owns a less expensive car that is capable of similar performance on track. In fact we have both stated from the outset that on track all the Clio’s would have similar performance. (A statement that put us both on the wrong side of the V6 crew). But a statement that we have proved to be true, we both owned 182’s and we both lapped at identical times. Steve bought a V6 and we still lap with very similar times, only on circuits with long enough straights does the V get the edge.

Now, if you had wanted to put your car up against his V to compare performance you only needed to talk to him. I’m sure Steve would have been more than happy to oblige. And would no doubt have enjoyed doing so, no matter which car seemed to get around a track the quickest.

One more point I would like to put across.
This giant killing act that prevails on this and other Clio forums, we both actively encourage it and have done similar things ourselves. You guys have some pretty impressive cars, hats off to you.

But 2Live, you know what you did to cause the resentment, so lets all learn from it and enjoy the track time from now on.

2 live
10-10-2006, 19:59
il take him up on that offer next time were on a trackday together.....if he trusts my dangerous driving :wink:

lowpro
10-10-2006, 20:12
il take him up on that offer next time were on a trackday together.....if he trusts my dangerous driving :wink:

I'm sure it'll be fine, as long as your in front.. :)

2 live
10-10-2006, 21:14
id rather have a dangerous driver behind me tbh......spesh if hes in a slower car...

:wink: