PDA

View Full Version : Williams 3 - Possible sale

davesilvera
24-04-2005, 19:55
Hi All - need a bit of advice please - just bought a Williams 3.
Always been garaged
25k on the clock - genuine
Never been raced / thrashed - 2 owners - last owner had from about 3000 miles - an older lady driver (I assure you its true!)
Some scrapes on the mirror edges - (when putting in to garage I guess)
Some hedge scratches (farm lanes)
Tiny dink in drivers door (shallow - about the size of a 20p coin)
Few paint scratches (very minor)
New cambelt
FSH
Wheel rims a bit corroded - golds ok tho
Inside vgc

Not sure if i want to keep it - need to know what I could expect to get for it if i decided to sell it.

I have uploaded some pics to www.davidsilvera.co.uk - just click on the jpg links to see pics...
Car is as i bought it - filthy!

Any brown you see is dirt not rust!

Thanks in advance for any help or advice etc....

Offers considered :-)

Dave

FATBOY
24-04-2005, 20:16
are you serious??? youve just bought it and want to sell it already????

northy
24-04-2005, 20:25
Pm me what you payed for it.....

davesilvera
24-04-2005, 21:38
car was offered to me by a friend of a friend who was keen to sell....
im not really into cars - got it for a good price...thought if i didnt like it i could make a bit of money on it....

Dave

FATBOY
24-04-2005, 21:50
what did you pay for it then mate???

KingStromba
24-04-2005, 22:40
Id say it would be worth anywhere between 6.5 k (a1 condition) to 3.5k (tatty).

To be honest at mileage like that it should be AS NEW if the mileage is genuine.

davesilvera
24-04-2005, 22:47
the mileage is genuine....i think it just needs a good clean and polish.
il post some pics tomorrow
dave

davesilvera
26-04-2005, 15:58
Have posted some pics at www.davidsilvera.co.uk - just click on the image links to view images

Car is as i bought it...filthy ....have not had time to clean it yet.

Dave

GazTwo
26-04-2005, 19:40
Looks good...just needs a very good clean.

Some very different shots there.... :?

BigBoreBri
26-04-2005, 20:20
Such a shame the condition doesnt reflect the mileage, hope she cleans up well...

Id consider getting those scratch's and stuff seen too before you sell it, your looking around £6k for a full low mileage minter, but by the look's of those scratches etc. you would be lucky to get anywhere near that! :(

J o n
26-04-2005, 21:05
Disagree, that's pretty much mint. It has the characteristics of a car that still gets moved and hasn't been sat to seixe up in someone garage for 5 years. The bits of surface rust and alloys deteriorating will be down to the fact it's 9 years old. In all it's pretty damn mint imo.

GazTwo
26-04-2005, 21:17
Yep agree looks pretty mint but has been neglected slightly and could do with a good clean....all that mud under the arches won't be helping with preventing rust.

Has come from Warrender aswell which used to be based in Bolton....think Monkey's was from Warrenders at some point...he has it on his plates.

Could fetch some good money to the right buyer.....would be a nice buy for u Bri.....another Willy 3 with the same mileage as yours was.... :D

davesilvera
26-04-2005, 21:47
Hi Guys..Thanks for the comments - there is no rust at all on the car - the scratches arent too bad, minor really (except the mirrors!) -
car has been driven daily, gettting it cleaned tomorrow and will post somemore pics.....

BigBoreBri
26-04-2005, 21:56
You could have a point gaz but im not sure mate...

When i went to look at my old williams every thing about it; from "how and where it was parked" to the owners "dedication to always run in on RON97" just shone through when u looked at the car... looking at that one id have to say its been neglected, and thats not very appealing in my book.

Not saying this one wont come good, just needs a bit of elbow grease and some re-furbed wheels maybe...

Then she will look like she's just rolled out the factory! :P

J o n
27-04-2005, 18:39
Bri, to be fair the scratches will mostly come out and if it had been given a clean it would be reet. I'd be suspicious of a car that was too mint if you get me. Especially 10 years old. This has a few 'character' scars. Nothing that wont heal tho!

BigBoreBri
27-04-2005, 18:50
Aye, like i said above it just need some TLC mate... :wink:

dannyt
27-04-2005, 20:24
So whats she look like after the clean then?

And the big question, how much are you letting her go for?

Mark_Ritchspeed
27-04-2005, 21:56
Not being funny, ok maybe a bit. But for someone who says they are not really into cars you have certainly taken quite a few shots of notoriously bad areas for Willy's.

IMO only someone in the know would be taking photos of inside the boot shuts and close ups of the rear arches to show just how good condition it is.

To be fair it does look pretty good though.

KingStromba
27-04-2005, 22:11
Haha, got to agree with inspector clueso. I think you know more than you let on.

FlamingMonkey
28-04-2005, 10:24
Yep your right Gaz mine has a Warrenders Tax disc holder, think the geezer took it there to be serviced or summat, mine was from London originally, the name on my plates is from Little Lever near Bolton, where I bought it from

dannyt
28-04-2005, 11:08
good call inspector morse!lol

so how much is it going for then?

davesilvera
29-04-2005, 22:25
I assure u im not into cars - my prev car was an old astra, i never washed it, had it regularly serviced etc...- reason for the pics is to paint an honest picture of the condition of the car
obviouly i know a deal when i see one....i just happened to be in the right place at the right time....and maybe i can make a few quid....ive cleaned it up and there is a tiny bit of rust at the base of the drivers side rear arch..
car looks much better - if the sun shines on sat will get a few more pics taken...cant decide to sell or keep :-(

dave

KingStromba
29-04-2005, 22:43
Keep this car. Thats my advice. And i would really like to see you bring it to the French car show in may and have it on our club stand.

davesilvera
29-04-2005, 22:54
Keep this car. Thats my advice. And i would really like to see you bring it to the French car show in may and have it on our club stand.

Thanks for that ...u think its good enough for a stand....

KingStromba
29-04-2005, 23:03
Yeah sure, its a williams :D

And looks like a good well kept example.

BigBoreBri
30-04-2005, 17:20
If you do come to sell it mate let me know, i would be interested to come check it out myself to see what shes like up front... :wink:

GazTwo
30-04-2005, 22:11
Was talking to him today on MSN and he's not sure if he wants to sell as he's getting to like it....who can blame him.... :D ....but an offer of £5,750 and the car would be yours.

northy
30-04-2005, 22:34
keep us posted dave :?