PDA

View Full Version : Remap & Cam timing

k9any
03-10-2006, 17:26
This maybe a stupid question but when it comes to cams/timing etc i aint got a clue...

Clio williams 2 with cams not sure if timed in properly....will a custom remap from say chip wizards also include timing in the cams ?

OR do the cams have to be timed in properly first before a custom remap is done ?

Any info appreciated ?

big hp
03-10-2006, 17:30
Wayne will sort it all out for you.

J o n
03-10-2006, 18:56
go see Ben for the pullies Ray and get the rest of the work done, it's already paid for mate and Ben will know more about timing his cams that Wayne will imo. Don't think Ben can remap the stock ECU though, so you'd need an aftermarket chip, so you can still get Wayne to map it if you want, but the other shit DEFFO go see Ben

BenR
03-10-2006, 21:24
lol, the cars changed hands again!

That car is indeed owed a set of pullies and timing session, just pop into us and we will sort it out for you.

We do not remap said stock ECU.....at the moment so wayned would be a good move to sort that side.

northy
04-10-2006, 07:41
this your old car bejesus ?

J o n
04-10-2006, 08:31
certainly is Northy :D

will be one of the quickest Mk1's in that spec once done, easily

k9any
04-10-2006, 09:13
Well it's already got the trophy for the quickest Mk1 to break down in that spec so will be good to get it another trophy in the cabinet.... :tease:

lol hopefully no more break downs !

k9any
04-10-2006, 09:15
lol, the cars changed hands again!

That car is indeed owed a set of pullies and timing session, just pop into us and we will sort it out for you.

We do not remap said stock ECU.....at the moment so wayned would be a good move to sort that side.

Yeah cheers Ben will do, probably come down with mehdi at some point.

J o n
04-10-2006, 09:20
I'll pop over with you as well pal... just to be nosey and have a look at the new premises! :D

... and shut it Gaz, it could be worse... it could be yellow ;)

J o n
04-10-2006, 09:29
the dirt protected it, which is why once clean it came up better than 95% of Williams ;) lol

J o n
04-10-2006, 09:42
pmsl, nah the dirt acted like a cocoon of slaughtered human effluence to protect the shell

k9any
04-10-2006, 10:02
I'll pop over with you as well pal... just to be nosey and have a look at the new premises! :D

... and shut it Gaz, it could be worse... it could be yellow ;)

Yeah sweet jesus....what actually happned when it broke down ?

J o n
04-10-2006, 10:18
it's broken down a fair few times, 90% of the time it's been the positive connection to the battery terminal, which RCA Cheadle put on, so I'd change that back to the standard type unless your going to use the amp to power the rear speakers.

Last time it broke down was ages though, probably over a year. The only problem I'd had recently was the drive shaft getting maimed by the box falling on it, even when the brakes were fooked it wasn't enough for it to be off the road.

Have you replaced the calliper and box mount yet by the way and is the Magnex on?

northy
04-10-2006, 10:49
got yourself a famous car there mate - It photographs very well :wink:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/northy_com/Image110.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/northy_com/Image111.jpg

k9any
04-10-2006, 10:59
it's broken down a fair few times, 90% of the time it's been the positive connection to the battery terminal, which RCA Cheadle put on, so I'd change that back to the standard type unless your going to use the amp to power the rear speakers.

Last time it broke down was ages though, probably over a year. The only problem I'd had recently was the drive shaft getting maimed by the box falling on it, even when the brakes were fooked it wasn't enough for it to be off the road.

Have you replaced the calliper and box mount yet by the way and is the Magnex on?

No i will not be needing amps as it wont have back seats in it anyway.

So what your saying is that the positve power cable going to the battery is broken.....? if this was the case it wouldn't start but Mehdi is using the car everyday and its been okay so not enitely sure what you mean.

We have the caliper but not on yet....R19 mount has been put on...Dog bone mount will be put on at same time as caliper and rear disk will be replaced.

Magnex should be on today i think.......

k9any
04-10-2006, 11:07
Yeah cheers northy...hopefully should be sweet.

Jesus the battery terminal has all been sorted by mehdi....

should have the car in next couple of days.....then will get caliper / disk and dog bone mount sorted.

Trip down to BenR for the timing and then chip wizards...

hopefully after that it should be running sweet.....

set of coilovers and thats as far as I going to go with it.

Will stick pics up soon as i get chance to wash it and keep you updated with the progress

J o n
04-10-2006, 12:15
yeah, was just the terminal that RCA used on the pos connector was shite and used to burn out a lot, not a major problem at all.

whats all this coilover talk, standard is the future!!!

clean16v
04-10-2006, 13:02
Battery terminal-sorted
shaft-sorted
mounts-sorted
magnex exhaust-first thing tomorrow

to do list-
caliper
disc
new dog bone mount packed out with silicone
pulleys and cams timed in @ BenR
chipwizards map

This thing will be an animal. Between me and Khany it'll be done right, in time for the 'ring again next year!

Jesus, you better be coming this time. That 172 has already done a few laps!

J o n
04-10-2006, 13:59
dude, we're in the process of trying to sort out a WC annual club holiday. Details to be posted once we have them!

I deffo will be going, one way or the other though!

k9any
04-10-2006, 15:21
The ring was sick....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/khany/Ring%202006/P1000564.jpg

clean16v
04-10-2006, 15:25
thanks for the picture.

cock. :roll:

J o n
04-10-2006, 15:53
PMSL, good one Ray, that picture is class! Mehdi, you get any of the car going round at all?

I think there needs to be a seperate Nurburgring picture thread, gives Mehdi a chance to get his own back ;) lol

clean16v
04-10-2006, 15:57
yeah mate, a few videos and pics of it going round. and a few of us racing the biker boys back to HQ. Khany has them all though, i've not got the links to hand...

k9any
04-10-2006, 16:18
thanks for the picture.

cock. :roll:

Not your good side ?

k9any
04-10-2006, 16:18
PMSL, good one Ray, that picture is class! Mehdi, you get any of the car going round at all?

I think there needs to be a seperate Nurburgring picture thread, gives Mehdi a chance to get his own back ;) lol

Yeah will do one when i get time...i got all the pics..

J o n
04-10-2006, 17:10
aaah, these were kept quiet! Khany, can you MSN them over to me or something pal?