PDA

View Full Version : Stainless Steel Manifold

TriO`
03-10-2006, 12:44
Got a bit of an issue with my exhaust system at the mo..

currently have a 2L with a williams manifold to Valver downpipe to valver Scorpion exhaust system...

due to this miss match the exhaust is hanging very low in the middle because the flange angles on the decat are at an offset... at 4K + it rattles like mad.

anyway, im looking to get this sorted but am unsure what to do

1.Williams Downpipe, Williams De-Cat bolted onto currenmt system
or
2.Valver Stainless Manifold from KTec bolted onto my current decat system...

is the manifold worth it for £350? and am i killing power by running a willy mani to valver downpipe??

i've heard you need extra supports welded onto the SS Mani?? is this true?

is the only difference between the willy and valver stainless steel manifold the offset of the CAT flange, or are they designed to account for the different torque levels like standard

sorry for the waffle

cheers, TriO`

wavy
03-10-2006, 13:30
1.Williams Downpipe, Williams De-Cat bolted onto currenmt system

sounds they best choice to me m8

big hp
03-10-2006, 17:36
I've got a williams manifold and downpipe for sale in excellent condition.

£75 ono

Plattsy
03-10-2006, 17:36
the ktec manifold is great! id say its worth 350 i paid it neway

jay s
03-10-2006, 17:47
id go for the supersprint. i got some good gains when i had mine fitted and they sound the bollox aswell, exhaust gets very raspy from 4k on. only difference between the valver and williams version is @ the flange that meets the cat, looked into this when i was getting mine.

big hp
03-10-2006, 17:49
My supersprint made a difference but didn't have it on long before i had it all mapped so not sure how much.

VIPERONE
03-10-2006, 22:23
supersprint would be hell of alot beter if they redesigned the crap downpipe fitting method. it seizes on, no spares are availible and they are prone to snapping. I removed mine as i was a twat everytime i wanted to carry out engine work or mods it was a chore malleting it off.
Improved mid range acceleration and top speed from the stainless job.. good low down torque and adequate top speed with williams item.