PDA

View Full Version : Rad fan overide switch

pat_986
03-10-2006, 11:21
Hi guys

Sure loads of you have thease, can you please tell me how to wire one up?

Thanks

Patrick

Chris H
03-10-2006, 18:25
why woudl anyone have one? Only cars that have then are 1 step away from the scrappers.

why not get the cooling system working properly instead of pikeying the thing

MatBrown
03-10-2006, 18:44
Agree with Chris.

Mat.

pat_986
03-10-2006, 18:51
Its just a temp fix, until I can overhaul the cooling system.
I'm just megga skint at the mo.

Chris H
03-10-2006, 19:46
surely you can afford the water matey!

even go down the local garage and jet washt eh system through, then fill up with the water beside the air pump thingy, ahh those were the days

pat_986
03-10-2006, 20:06
No mate it's not that, its the rad fan switch....I'm gunna buy one but was going to wait till nxt week. The overide switch was something I was going to do tonight, have wire and switches so was going to bung one in till nxt week, thinking it would only going to take a few mins to fit..........it was only going to be for a week or so.

Just spent £200 this week on the car, alternator went, plus a few bits and bobs.........arrr the joys of Renault's!

pat_986
03-10-2006, 20:06
No mate it's not that, its the rad fan switch....I'm gunna buy one but was going to wait till nxt week. The overide switch was something I was going to do tonight, have wire and switches so was going to bung one in till nxt week, thinking it would only going to take a few mins to fit..........it was only going to be for a week or so.

Just spent £200 this week on the car, alternator went, plus a few bits and bobs.........arrr the joys of Renault's!

BenR
03-10-2006, 21:27
:S

it'll be the same price to buy a new fan switch than to buy and wire in a manual switch, along with the wasted time.

clio_rsi_turbo
03-10-2006, 21:44
are you not the same pat the works in halfrauds? in botley?

pat_986
03-10-2006, 22:12
:S

it'll be the same price to buy a new fan switch than to buy and wire in a manual switch, along with the wasted time.

I have loads of wire 'n switches.

look guys, don't worrie about it. I will get a rad fan switch as soon a I can.
I don't no why I am getting a big lecture.........I am 100% sure I will be sitting in traffic for 30mins tomorrow morning, with my temp gage getting higher and higher and my HG getting more and more pissed and likely to blow.

My local motor factors need to order the switch, and I need my car 2moz, I e i cant fix it correctly till they get the part.

If it took me 20mins to run a few wire's to a switch I would have to save my engine blowing.

i will just hope for the best until the part is in stock.

Clio RSI Turbo......Hello mate, yes Pat from Botley Tom Egg's/Dale P's mate........but no I don't work in Halfords, The guy with the williams is called Adi......not sure if he is on here but is on CS.

You sold that Volvo T lump yet?

Adi82
03-10-2006, 23:05
Im the guy that works at Halfords in Boltey. I also unfortunately have my fan wired into my fog light switch at the moment. Was a last minute thing to get me to le mans and back as it stopped working the day before.

Still havent got round to sorting it yet mind.

All i did was connect the two pins from the fan motor to my fog light wiring. Although my williams hasnt got any front fogs so not so much a problem. All you need is a 12V supply from your battery through a switch in series into the fan motor connectors.

Hope that may help

Adi

pat_986
04-10-2006, 11:23
Yeah it does, thanks Adi.
I remember you said on cs about some strange noises on your car, you ever get them fixed??

Adi82
04-10-2006, 13:31
No still not got them fixed yet. Im going to try and get it to hillpower sometime this month as i need quite a few things looking at. Just need to find the time and the money. Miss driving it already.

clio_rsi_turbo
04-10-2006, 22:35
i see! sorry i couldn't remember who was who, lol. yeah ive sold the engine now. got a valver lump, just looking for a 2litre megane bottom end! wish me luck. :lol:

kj16v
04-10-2006, 23:23
Im the guy that works at Halfords in Boltey. I also unfortunately have my fan wired into my fog light switch at the moment. Was a last minute thing to get me to le mans and back as it stopped working the day before.

Still havent got round to sorting it yet mind.

All i did was connect the two pins from the fan motor to my fog light wiring. Although my williams hasnt got any front fogs so not so much a problem. All you need is a 12V supply from your battery through a switch in series into the fan motor connectors.

Hope that may help

Adi

Spotted your Williams at Halfords a while back. Had a good nose round to see if it was the real deal!

kj16v
04-10-2006, 23:25
i see! sorry i couldn't remember who was who, lol. yeah ive sold the engine now. got a valver lump, just looking for a 2litre megane bottom end! wish me luck. :lol:

That reminds me, how many miles are on the T2? You said it was fine except for the waste gate actuator, right? Cheers for the letting me take the pics.

clio_rsi_turbo
05-10-2006, 18:33
no worrys, its done about 82,000. yeah it needs a new actuater.

Jimmie1.4RT
05-10-2006, 23:32
Pull the plug off the rad temp sensor, bridge the two connectors with a wire.
Then extend and add a switch to the wire. :P