PDA

View Full Version : Future meet - are we bothering?

J o n
02-10-2006, 10:07
Even though it was a top day out yesterday the amount of no shows to the amount of confirmed attendees was shocking. 9 cars from 20+ turned up and a very valid point was made. If its not a trackday people dont bother turning up, which seems to ring true. What's going on fellas?

I'd suggest another meet next month to get a bit of regularity back, but the question is will people actually turn up?

Would people be up for the old post office run, I hear that pretty good, although I've never done it.

Dancliovalver
02-10-2006, 10:18
if its not mega far from me id attend every one i can :lol:

northy
02-10-2006, 10:19
doesnt matter if its ten members or 30 to me :lol:

Martin
02-10-2006, 10:21
Even though it was a top day out yesterday the amount of no shows to the amount of confirmed attendees was shocking. 9 cars from 20+ turned up and a very valid point was made. If its not a trackday people dont bother turning up, which seems to ring true. What's going on fellas?

I'd suggest another meet next month to get a bit of regularity back, but the question is will people actually turn up?

Would people be up for the old post office run, I hear that pretty good, although I've never done it.

I've got to agree Jon...with 20+ people down for coming it was a dissapointing turnout and not a patch on the last peaks run I did with northy, gaz, hooligan and all the cs lot. Just seemed to be lacking the usual characters/atmosphere...

J o n
02-10-2006, 10:29
this is what I felt Martin, dont get me wrong, it was a really good day, but it's not one I'll remember in years to come like the massive 30+ car convoys of old when we did these meets... might be worth combining any future meets with CS just to get the numbers up... might make the people that didn't come think about what they might be missing out on

wavy
02-10-2006, 10:38
im allways up for a drive out :)

Martin
02-10-2006, 10:38
Would be a shame if we could'nt sustain pure wc meets especially in the n/w with the amount of members we have. Although thinking about it we have'nt had many wc only local (non event/trackday) meets the only one that springs to mind was the legendary 2005 meet up near mine.

northy
02-10-2006, 12:15
i couldnt come to having no mot or tax, i did one a few months ago which was my best one todate.....but my name didnt go down on this list after we lost the original one.

done 3 this year - xmas 05, spring 06 and summer 06 had 10 max on all of them tbh.

The last JJB meet had 3 of us....2live, jesus and me.

I can do another northy route - but its hard finding new roads without and town driving to reach them.

dannyt
02-10-2006, 12:17
was a good day but i agree, would have been nice to see some more familiar faces!

anyway, a regular event in the calender would be good but perhaps, like gaz suggests a few new places, or even a bigger meet and then for anyone who fancies a drive out they can and for the ones who don't they stop at the meeting place?

i personally think the biggest let down was martin not driving and us lot seeing his monster on 3!

However i enjoyed a few good overtakes, some good stretches of road, a little comparison with daz and gaz, however didn't really enjoy the smoke too much!

J o n
02-10-2006, 12:20
I saw you get stuck there just as I went through on orange... I did slow down a shit load (ask Wayne! lol) but personally you should have gone through them, I just check for cameras and run them if it's safe.

Cat & Fiddle bit I got stuck behind some slow moving traffic too, eventually caught the pack up then overshot the pub :roll: :lol: oops!

Fiddle to Ladybower was the best bit of the run for me too, it was mostly clear iirc wasn't it Gaz? Only problem was that we ended up about 5+ minutes in front waiting for the slow arses to catch up :roll: :wink: lol
Pot holes weren't too bad, I just swerved when you did! lol

I think the next run should be one with nice smooth roads too, I dont mind a bit of a poor surface, but bad surface, bad camber and pot holes on the snakes pass made for a less than enjoyable ride... in fact it got a bit scary at points :shock:

Would like another meet next month, with the organisation starting now and a run and pub lunch planned... or even just a drive out to a pub for a meal if weather stops play would be good. It's rare everyone's in the same place at the same time.

seanofnp
02-10-2006, 12:22
Track down this way a bit and il come in the sol till the williams turns up ;)

Matty86
02-10-2006, 12:27
Im either in Exeter or in Hertfordshire, So depending on where these things are, i might be able to attend :)

FlamingMonkey
02-10-2006, 12:50
I just plain couldn't be assed, no idea why?

Clio b
02-10-2006, 12:59
He he he oops.... i'm the only one who said NO!!!! ha ha!

I didnt mean it tho... any that are near me i'll go to! But the North ones are too much of a drive especially now i'm not even a Renault owner!! :D

2 live
02-10-2006, 13:36
as posted elsewhere.....taig plays footie on sun mornings. and id rather be there than stood in a car park discussing wot we gunna do with the poor turnout wev got in front of us tbh.

last few iv been to......including the supposed 'BIG' club events have been a poor showing.

seems like more ppl are intrsted in wrappin their cars up in cotton wool than actually driving the fukkers tbh......which i think is why no1 turns up any more.

J o n
02-10-2006, 14:03
thing is Jon we had already planned on what we were doing, which was meet up, quick chat as we wait for the rest and then a peaks run followed by some lunch. The only change to the plan would have been rain stopping play, in which we'd have just gone to the pub for a pint and some food... it was just people not showing up that stopped a good day becoming a great memorable day.

... but thanks to those that could be bothered to show up, was still a top day and had some good fun

agree to an extent on big meets, FCS 05 was piss poor, FCS 06 I didn't bother with, but RWS was a great day out... the idea of this one was to get a good turnout which is why a weekend was decided by everyone including yourself... not my fault if people dont show up when they even picked the date and time lol

stew
02-10-2006, 15:16
You know id be there if it werent 350miles away!

Daz.
02-10-2006, 16:36
Stew I don't want to hear excuses, just results, we expect to see u at the next meet... :wink:

faf, I enjoyed myself - would have enjoyed it more with brakes and less of a guilty conscience (I got a stern telling off when I got back :lol: :lol: )

Not knowing pretty much anybody didn't help me either - I'm always coy on the first dates :oops:

richy
02-10-2006, 18:35
bloody hell 9 cars!!! were lucky to get 4 cars here, thats why i never bother anymore, no one turns up and most dont even bother to let u know there not bothering :roll:

stew
02-10-2006, 18:56
Stew I don't want to hear excuses, just results, we expect to see u at the next meet... :wink:

Haha.

Theres probably more chance of me coming to a NW meet than some of these NW gheys anyway! :twisted:

Big G
02-10-2006, 20:07
Theres some awesome roads around the NW,
But it does take time and effort to plan and route a good run,
But also puts a nice finish to it when people turn round and say
'yeh, that was good, i would do it again' as then it entices others into joining the next one.

I have some routes here from blast's ive done in years gone by, will obviously need a recce again.

I am also out again this sunday on a blast, gonna be full tanker though starting in Oldham, over the moors to Emley top, parts of Woodhead and Snake, Winnets, Buxton, towards Ashourne before cutting over to Leek, Macc, Homo's Chapel, Web-toed Winsford, towards Chester then cut back towards Northwich and late lunching it in Kuntsford.

If people fancy it (short notice i know) i will print off a proper route with hopefully half decent notes so everyone gets a copy (better to have a co driver) then people can go at their own pace.

FlamingMonkey
02-10-2006, 22:11
One of the best recent runs I went on with Chris was the Cliosport midnight run to wales, was a ****in right laugh, met at lymm at 10pm got home about 6am the next day, best bit was getting lost from the pack and Dave slapping the destination into his tom tom and choosing all the B roads to some town in wales, was a top trip, I was only a passenger, would of loved to have gone in the Willy, best roads I have seen in a while.

2 live
03-10-2006, 08:14
thing is Jon we had already planned on what we were doing, which was meet up, quick chat as we wait for the rest and then a peaks run followed by some lunch. The only change to the plan would have been rain stopping play, in which we'd have just gone to the pub for a pint and some food... it was just people not showing up that stopped a good day becoming a great memorable day.

... but thanks to those that could be bothered to show up, was still a top day and had some good fun

agree to an extent on big meets, FCS 05 was piss poor, FCS 06 I didn't bother with, but RWS was a great day out... the idea of this one was to get a good turnout which is why a weekend was decided by everyone including yourself... not my fault if people dont show up when they even picked the date and time lol

RWS ....we had a club stand an all that.....2 williams' there........was a great weekend for evrything bar the wlliamsclio.co.uk turnout.

if the admin/club founders cant even be arsed to turn up in theirs......why should anyone else??

lead by example lads ffs ;)

northy
03-10-2006, 08:17
wasnt by choice jon.

2 live
03-10-2006, 08:22
i know mate....in ur case for that time......but look at it from perspective new members view., or current newish members..........not a very good advert for the club is it?

northy
03-10-2006, 08:25
agreed.

But I made up for it at Bruntingthrope in June, Brands in September and Cadwell 8)

2 live
03-10-2006, 08:28
as the pic of the skoda shows tho.....how many meets did it come to b4 that??

brand and cadwell.....ur williams make a showing there too?? ;)

fair enough u did track days........in ur track clio........how bout attending a few meets in ur road going clio??

not much to ask for the founder really is it.....when u have 4 or 5 on the driveway lol.

northy
03-10-2006, 08:40
as the pic of the skoda shows tho.....how many meets did it come to b4 that??

brand and cadwell.....ur williams make a showing there too?? ;)

fair enough u did track days........in ur track clio........how bout attending a few meets in ur road going clio??

not much to ask for the founder really is it.....when u have 4 or 5 on the driveway lol.

1. the skoda only came to one meet when the williams was off the road. The meet pictured. The meet was a afternoon sunday cs one.

2. no - unfortunalty i can only drive one car. which one would u take ?

3. i took MY williams & the race car to the southport show. Where were you ? So thats 3 of my cars at a show, xantia, race car and NLRG !

also the xmas run in 05, and the last two northy runs...where have u been.

4. As per 3 mate. thats why i took 2 to get the numbers up for the southport show. we needed ten but could only get 9. Thats the differance i will go to !

2 live
03-10-2006, 08:50
lol....southport show......dunno mate....

where was i?

northy run....dunno again......xmas.....was there......did the bowling couldnt make the earlier run due to other commitments, altho i had the pub lunch.....countless peaks runs.......martins run.....my run....kinda lol....even carried on the run after blowing my car up....how more commited do u want? :wink:

as above.......seems all most ppl intrested in now is trackdays....which is fair enough. but for the members who cant afford to do them regularly, or cant get the time off work etc, the meets are the bread n butter of meeting the other club members and their cars....if no1 can be arsed, as the last few meets have shown....wots the point in showing up??

northy
03-10-2006, 09:01
i agree jon. Its been time for me.

When i first got the rep place we were always doing something but a house & girlfriend stops most of that.

Im doing a paintballing again though - thats a defo. Need to get my own back on that stray bullet of scotts and yours.

Zollo
03-10-2006, 09:02
Think I've seen Jesus twice now and 2live three times. Yet I've seen Northy seven or eight times - only three of those for track days. And I was a new member not long ago...

2 live
03-10-2006, 09:26
what u 2 get up to on the gay live webcam forums is no concern o mine :wink:

Zollo
03-10-2006, 09:39
That's extra-curricular activity and between myself and Mr Northrop :shock:

The above meetings were club events with other club members involved...although ironically missing certain other key members of this club...

northy
03-10-2006, 09:47
Hill Power rr day aswell....oh and the Mini sport rr day :wink:

2 live
03-10-2006, 12:33
iv told u b4......wont let either of them near my car

but yeah......cudda come watched at minisport....

events other than trackdays.......hmmm...theres only been the southport thing, rws, and fcs.

dependant on where your puttin the time trials etc.

VIPERONE
03-10-2006, 12:37
there was question about the quality of minisports rolling road last time.. the figures massively differed on re runs..

i would prefer Ken at RE or a better alternative.

i couldnt make sun as i was at knowsley safari park with my 3 year old daughter.

2 live
03-10-2006, 12:50
i agree jon. Its been time for me.

When i first got the rep place we were always doing something but a house & girlfriend stops most of that.

Im doing a paintballing again though - thats a defo. Need to get my own back on that stray bullet of scotts and yours.

lol......try both g/f house.....and 2 kids mate......if i had 3 ears each 1 would be full of whingin

lol

taigs jus started gettin into playin footie.....and seein as tho none of the single mums :wink: know the score....iv kinda bin volunteered to train em. ......the kids that is.......football lol. theyv come from a 19-0 first loss, without my help......to a 5-2 loss. with...still a loss like....but they gettin there hehe....

havent even had time to get him out on his motorbike these last few months........for which im gettin some serious abuse of him lol..

so really....sat.......and sun afternoons is all i can manage now.....dont really do mornings anyway lol.

FlamingMonkey
03-10-2006, 12:56
Not enough Willys at the meets, I agree with 2live.

Just been to Tesco at lunch, felt like a WC meet, the car park was full of non Willys ;)

See you all at Oulton :P

Andy
03-10-2006, 14:30
handbags fellas

was saying the other day is has just got shit when i first met all you lot it was york every weekend peaks runs santa pod ....track days were un heard of now you all have track cars ...so nothing happens anymore

J o n
03-10-2006, 14:43
but you only ever turn up in the fiesta to normal meets anyway, so again, is there any point? when my Williams worked it went to meets, simple as. it is a shame people wont make the effort, but the ones that came at the weekend should inspire the rest of you miserable ****s to turn up...

stew
03-10-2006, 14:51
but you only ever turn up in the fiesta to normal meets anyway, so again, is there any point? when my Williams worked it went to meets, simple as. it is a shame people wont make the effort, but the ones that came at the weekend should inspire the rest of you miserable f**ks to turn up...

yeah i dont get it. if its a meet, or your going to a track day etc and you own a williams/valver then you should take it. would be like me driving down to cadwell with my polo and saying i couldnt be bothered taking the clio out. :roll:

no dedication.... :(

J o n
03-10-2006, 14:53
exactly stew, that's half the problem, one person cant be arsed and it spreads like wild fire... oh well, I'll be going on the Clio Sport meet on Sunday to Wales too, should actually be some Renault Sports turning up... think they get a better Williams turn out than you girls ;)

northy
03-10-2006, 15:24
there was question about the quality of minisports rolling road last time.. the figures massively differed on re runs..

i would prefer Ken at RE or a better alternative.

i couldnt make sun as i was at knowsley safari park with my 3 year old daughter.

figures were bob on for me when we went in summer 05.

127 at re with manifold and 131 at mini sport with manifold and decat

Andy
03-10-2006, 17:14
but you only ever turn up in the fiesta to normal meets anyway, so again, is there any point? when my Williams worked it went to meets, simple as. it is a shame people wont make the effort, but the ones that came at the weekend should inspire the rest of you miserable f**ks to turn up...

we didnt see you on a meet for years just because you have done 1

not going to plough miles on my car to keep you happy jesus

shows weekends campinng at pod where were you last year

J o n
03-10-2006, 18:54
I've been to shit loads of meets, but you need to understand that my car was off the road almost as much as yours... not through choice however. over 40k I'd done on the Williams, more than yours has done in it's life time ;)

You wont put miles on it full stop, not that I'm really bothered, it's up to you at the end of the day, but turning up to 90% of meets in the Fiesta kind of defeats the point of A WILLIAMS CLIO MEET... don't ya think? They look better sat still and rusting anyway :roll: :lol:

I'm not pitching a tent near you gays and going to Santa Pod to watch people drive in straight lines isn't really my thing, it's hardly what I would call a club meet or event. On the odd occasion when there was a point to it, like Mk1 vs Mk2 day my car was off the road, again, not through choice :wink:

BRUN
04-10-2006, 00:20
i didnt even know there was a meet planned

Martin
04-10-2006, 08:47
What do you want a written invitation? lol

It would'nt have mattered anyway i think the last meet you made was 2004! :lol:

northy
04-10-2006, 10:30
:pop:

nyk
04-10-2006, 11:29
I'm guilty of saying I'd go and didnt. :oops:

I honestly thought I was going to be able to make it and would if I could.

It was our half yearly stock take at work and I didnt think I was going to be working on Sunday, turned out I had to. I tried to get away as early as I could in hope that I would still make it, but by the time I had battered the car across the Grain Road and got home it was half 12 and too late.

I WILL be at the next one.

rochdale_williams
04-10-2006, 12:31
i'm still plodding about in the nova till the GTTs up and running again. i wouldn't disgrace the club by turning up in it

J o n
04-10-2006, 14:00
i'm still plodding about in the nova till the GTTs up and running again. i wouldn't disgrace the club by turning up in it

wise choice! ;) lol

Andy
05-10-2006, 07:29
[quote="TheJesus"]blah blah blah

pants think i have missed about 3 meets due to work fiseta or nop fiesta / northys williams still there mate

BRUN
06-10-2006, 00:37
What do you want a written invitation? lol

It would'nt have mattered anyway i think the last meet you made was 2004! :lol:

lol.........dont think it was that far back mate

do we not have any big ones anymore like what we used to have @ JJB Soccer Dome near the Trafford Centre

the last one of those i went to was quite big

Winston
06-10-2006, 00:51
That was where last sundays meet started lol

You tell us the last meet you came to BRUN and we will year it ;) ...im thinking Costco meet ....that was early 05 lol

BRUN
06-10-2006, 00:53
im thinking CostCo aswell actually lol, does FCS not count ? :lol:

Martin
09-10-2006, 08:44
bump....for jesus :wink:

2 live
09-10-2006, 09:24
dint see any pics of his car on the wales meet tbh...was he there??

J o n
09-10-2006, 10:07
lol, no, I had the good intention to go... but over slept... by about 3.5 hours :oops: :lol:

went on a mini Peaks run instead! lol

Maz
07-11-2006, 13:08
Pmsl @ no shows Jon your one to talk .. :roll:

he meets seem to have dried up on cliosport too :cry: booooooooooooo

Lunner
07-11-2006, 13:14
As much as i love going for a good thrah i prefer a working car,and since a good amount of abuse will prolyl break something else on my car atm, meaning i'm ****ed and can't get to work i'd rasther leave the threashng till i've had the time and moneyt o et everythng sorted 100% on the car.....the the absue and trackdays will begin, but for the moment its a damage limitation exercise

J o n
07-11-2006, 16:29
drive it, then fix it when it breaks, simple 8)

it's worth going on some of the drives if you can make it, especially the peaks now your not really that far away.

Swervin_Mervin
07-11-2006, 19:30
Missed last weeks meet as I only saw it was happening after arranging to go see The Departed that night. Doh!

I haven't seen anyone since FCS.

J o n
07-11-2006, 19:57
that's because we don't do meets anymore, last time I saw everyone in one place was RWS... oh no, scrap that, only a handful turned up... erm... FCS 05 in that case lol. i've missed my fair share through not being on the road or just not being arsed knowing there will be a poor turnout... it's all about the trackdays now it seems.

northy
08-11-2006, 09:10
trackdays are the ideal meeting points - see your mates nad drive your cars hard.

There are meets planned - its just having the time for me.

J o n
08-11-2006, 09:17
trackdays are great, just not everyone can afford to do them all the time or simply dont want to spend all the money on them. Meets are (were) a good inbetween, but they are a thing of the past.
Totally lost interest after the last failure, I'll stick to just going out for blasts with my mates, have just as much fun doing a mini peaks run or whatever with just 3 to 5 cars anyway.

that's the other thing Northy, having time, people 'make' time for trackdays, but seemingly not for meets, hence all the no shows... there were at least 10+ people that missed the last one that said they would go. A couple of drop outs are to be expected, but over 10 says to me "why bother?"

northy
08-11-2006, 09:25
Thats the way it goes mate - i did loads last and this year and would only get gaz and hooligan out - you had lost intrest.

Maz did the last one - wont say no more mr sleepy head.

Dont worry jon - u turn out when your told lol - me not having NLRG to hand doesnt help.

J o n
08-11-2006, 09:33
yup, last year I didn't even really bother, the only interesting meets I was up for were the drive outs, but they were always badly timed as the car was having a few brake related issues (for a change) and tbh it got to the point it was just being driven to work and back as I couldn't be bothered having any fun in it and something breaking.

Glad I slept in for that one tbh, the fuel costs would have been astronomical pre remap... it's sorted now at least, but limited mile policy means you wont see it much at all and I dont have another car to come to meets in. Looking at getting a £200 run about for meets, don't want to stand out and look odd, so need something non Clio ;) lol

2 live
08-11-2006, 09:37
lol....its been like that for ages mate tbh......last good turnout we got on a meet was way back.

iv missed a few thru car probs.kid stuff...etc. but tbh...theres not much point in turnin up anymore cos of such low numbers....and thats the members...the no.s of clios there is even less.

theres the hardcore few....of which i used to class myself as a while back....but even they are not turnin up due to low no.s

J o n
08-11-2006, 09:42
yup, I'll be sticking to the Cheadle Hulme and Todd meets only I think, see the biggest turnouts of Clio's at your unit or house anyway :lol:

actually, we need to go out for a blast soonish, Sy's cars running sweet and is actually driving this one! :shock:

Zollo
08-11-2006, 09:48
trackdays are great, just not everyone can afford to do them all the time or simply dont want to spend all the money on them.

Grab a lift with some and it's free to get there. Or drive yourself, whichever. Pay a tenner, and you can have a whole day's worth of fun in passenger seats. Or pay £60 or so, and you can have a go in someone else's car...if they don't mind!

If you haven't got time, you could even turn up for just half a day; hell even an hour during lunch.

It would be good to argue with you face-to-face instead :P :wink:

J o n
08-11-2006, 09:58
I'm not a good passenger, I'd be bored going to a trackday and not driving and tbh I'd be too scared to drive someone else's car. I don't mind people I trust driving mine, but I dont think I could drive someone else's car hard round a track, I don't trust myself enough.

Only track this one's going round is the Nurburgring next year pending funds, but I think I'll be going with some of the Scooby owners lot as we can't even get people to go to local UK meets here and really dont want to miss out on going

2 live
08-11-2006, 10:08
trackdays are great, just not everyone can afford to do them all the time or simply dont want to spend all the money on them.

Grab a lift with some and it's free to get there. Or drive yourself, whichever. Pay a tenner, and you can have a whole day's worth of fun in passenger seats. Or pay £60 or so, and you can have a go in someone else's car...if they don't mind!

If you haven't got time, you could even turn up for just half a day; hell even an hour during lunch.

It would be good to argue with you face-to-face instead :P :wink:

didnt see u popping up to oulton for an hour or so during ur lunch hour at any previous trackdays there.

trackdays on a weekday and meets just arent going to happen for most ppl on here....unless they happen to work at the track used.

northy
08-11-2006, 10:10
Meets need to be organised more by members guys...Me and martin carnt do them all lol.

J o n
08-11-2006, 10:14
yup, there's another case in point, most fall on a weekday and most people work, so I'm not taking a day off to watch you lot drive round Oulton or whatever, don't be silly! lol

tried that Northy remember? picked the most central location that EVERYONE wanted as it's easy to get to and near to nearly everyone and out of the 20+ cars that were meant to go only a few turned up... so not really confidence inspiring for future meets

northy
08-11-2006, 10:15
we did have no forum for most of the planning stage mate.

Zollo
08-11-2006, 10:16
didnt see u popping up to oulton for an hour or so during ur lunch hour at any previous trackdays there.

trackdays on a weekday and meets just arent going to happen for most ppl on here....unless they happen to work at the track used.

It was just an idea, but I do apologise for coming up with it.

Andy turned up for the day but wasn't driving and Martin turned up over lunch. And I seem to remember you turning up during a track day but not driving as well. So it can and does happen!

Obviously I'm not going to do a 500 mile round-trip during lunch, and neither are many club members around the country. But then I wouldn't come up just for a peaks run. However there are a lot of locals to Oulton who could easily pop along, particularly if it's on a weekend.

As I say, just an idea.

2 live
08-11-2006, 10:18
an idea that seems to be the same line of thought as the mods it seems.

J o n
08-11-2006, 10:33
we did have no forum for most of the planning stage mate.

sort of, it was confirmed a good month before it was due to happen, but yeah, spose that could well be a contributing factor...

Zollo, see where your coming from, but the idea's of the meets are for everyone to be able to socialise, cant really do that when 90% of the people there are going round track, a conversation with someone driving past at 100+mph gets tricky ;)

Zollo
08-11-2006, 10:40
Very true! Obviously a track day is never gonna replace a proper meet for those reasons. But perhaps they could become more of a club thing and be used as an opportunity to get more people to meet up?

2 live
08-11-2006, 10:56
cars bust mate..spare boxes are something iv run out of...and the other is headin into the bodyshop soon.....then xmas.then cage.....so funds a little tight at the mo.

lol

spendin £30 on a tank o juice is a more viable option for me. :wink:

J o n
08-11-2006, 11:46
yeah I still had fun on that one Gaz, was a top day out, but there's nothing like seeing 20+ Clio's in convoy, just gives you a massive buzz. it is disheartening, which is why more frequent local meets are needed, we used to meet up once a month on a Saturday at JJB which was top, then that stopped when it became too many miles for some and it ended up at Muscrat, but that died a death too... now there are none but trackdays and the yearly events, which apart from RWS are just shite.

I'll still try and get to any meets if I'm available, but think we need a monthly one to get interest up again, as the first few will likely be dead until people realise that more people are going and hopefully wont want to miss out.

J o n
08-11-2006, 12:20
lol, well, we all know why it used to be there all the time... back in the days of Northy no miles :lol:

so the simple solution is to rotate between 3 or 4 locations and meet once a month I reckon

2 live
08-11-2006, 12:50
and also depends on the day...during the week is and always has been useless to me.

northy
08-11-2006, 14:34
lol, well, we all know why it used to be there all the time... back in the days of Northy no miles :lol:

so the simple solution is to rotate between 3 or 4 locations and meet once a month I reckon

i came over from brighouse mate - back then as i didnt live in wigan.

J o n
08-11-2006, 15:08

i came over from brighouse mate - back then as i didnt live in wigan.

absolute lies! you were living in Brighouse at the weekends and lived in Wigan during the week... and when were the meets? exactly, in the week ;) rumbled!

northy
08-11-2006, 15:21
lol, woo you got me heehee

8)

J o n
08-11-2006, 15:32
don't take me for a fool, I've watched Columbo

northy
08-11-2006, 15:39
Think the last time the williams went to muscat was when mehdi first showed us the white tb'ed clio - when ever that was.

J o n
08-11-2006, 15:44
pmsl, that was erm... a while ago lol... talking over a year... :shock:

aaah memories, we had some fun times at Muscrat... those DC's near there are dope as well, some good 30mph to limiter action lol

northy
08-11-2006, 16:00
[-( O:)