PDA

View Full Version : MOT's

Lunner
30-09-2006, 17:44
Anyone who said they can't do dodgy MOT's since its been computerised is FULL of shit

stan
30-09-2006, 17:49
:wink:

Its easy to hit "default" on lots of the screens! :D

At the end of the day, its still HUMAN intervention which is saying "yes, this ball-joint is ****ed"...the computer system is just a database.

Lunner
30-09-2006, 17:55
i know, but the amoutn of people i hear saying oh can't do dodgy MOT's now cus its computerised

FATBOY
30-09-2006, 18:03
:lol:

nyk
30-09-2006, 19:51
The only difference with the computerised MOT is that instead of writing out your MOT it is printed off from DVLA main database. The only part of the actual test that is linked to the computer is the emissions test and I've HEARD of places that just put the stick up another cars exhaust.

The rest if the test is still decided by the tester weither it is fit to pass or not.

Computer says NOOOOOOOOOOOOO :lol:

Lunner
30-09-2006, 19:56
he didn't even touch the emissions machine for mine

FATBOY
01-10-2006, 00:55
same as lunner.... the only difference is that i believe they log into the mot database at the start of the test when it begins and then the test should be carried out for 40/50 mins long before they issue you with your new test certificate!

Winston
01-10-2006, 01:09
MOT's suck ass!!!!!!!!!!!!

VIPERONE
01-10-2006, 01:48
i'd prefer knowing that my car is up to the minimum UK standard by having a legitimate test.

emission failiures indicate a decat or other fuelling probs.

VOSA run spot checks on garages using decoy cars :roll: cuntz

Bayliss
01-10-2006, 01:58
Anyone who said they can't do dodgy MOT's since its been computerised is FULL of s**t

dodgy MOT's can be done, as said before it just's human error if they don't spot something that wants changing and emissions can be fiddled by sticking the probe on another car, but at the end of the day its only a matter of time before they're caught for fiddling MOT's and shutdown/have thier licence revoked!!!

VIPERONE
01-10-2006, 01:59
and a huge fine

Bayliss
01-10-2006, 02:00
i'd prefer knowing that my car is up to the minimum UK standard by having a legitimate test.

emission failiures indicate a decat or other fuelling probs.

VOSA run spot checks on garages using decoy cars :roll: cuntz

It's only right though gunner bcos would u want to know that if your local garage was testing your car hard passed your car then the next week they where shut down for doing dodgy tests, i know i certainly wouldn't!!

Bayliss
01-10-2006, 02:02
same as lunner.... the only difference is that i believe they log into the mot database at the start of the test when it begins and then the test should be carried out for 40/50 mins long before they issue you with your new test certificate!

minimum of 30 mins mate

VIPERONE
01-10-2006, 02:04
precisely... took mine to a strict garage. good preparation will prevent a piss poor MOT performance

Bayliss
01-10-2006, 02:07
exactly, i mean me old man does MOT's but i make sure he tests it properly bcos at the end of the day its my life at risk if i drive around in a car thats unsuitable for the road, i mean i'm no angel but thats certainly one thing i like to know that my car is road worthy

rt_blackpool
01-10-2006, 08:01
im sure mine should have never ever passed, i took it in and i thought i know of at least 1 or 2 serious fails, non of which came up. i was flagged for a few other things (head lights too high, rusted sill at the rear and a couple of other things).

when i went to pick it up it wouldnt even idle, i started it up outside and it stall about 3 seconds later and carried on doing that. i thought about reporting them at the time but couldnt be arsed i was so pissed off with it, although i got another 12 months out of it!! :mrgreen:

Lunner
01-10-2006, 09:17
but he knows me and he knows i know about my car and i told him what it woudl fail on, and he knows that int eh next couple of weeks or so when i get chance it will all be sorted, just didn't have the time before the MOT, realised it was due about 5 days before it expired.

It was a one off mate, he don't do it for everyone

DaveH
01-10-2006, 09:42
we use a main dealer (ahem vw) MOT station at work because we (Audi) dont have one its the same company ownership but sometimes they can be right arsey failing on small parking permitts in the window in the wrong sector when things like wishbone bushes are hanging off and coil springs are broken. I know this because a lot of the time we service the cars first and do a report then send it to see what they fail it on. it really does depend what day of the week it is and if they can be bothered checking thoroughly or not!

If the tester is a personal friend however it can be different. If theres something needs doing to pass he'll pass it and say make sure you do it because he knows i will and he knows how i look after my car and it has to be right

richy
01-10-2006, 10:05
i always make sure the lads at work MOT my car properly! esp as it gets chucked about on track i want it to be safe! :wink:

Bayliss
01-10-2006, 14:01
but he knows me and he knows i know about my car and i told him what it woudl fail on, and he knows that int eh next couple of weeks or so when i get chance it will all be sorted, just didn't have the time before the MOT, realised it was due about 5 days before it expired.

It was a one off mate, he don't do it for everyone

yeah but even if he knows ya he shouldn't of still passed it bcos at the end of the day if a man from the ministry was there he would have lost his licence for it and you're driving about in a car thats un road worthy, and the last thing i'd be bragging about is how i got a dodgy MOT on a forum which may be checked by police, ministry personnel etc!!!!

Lunner
01-10-2006, 15:02
thats why they call them doddgy MOT's :roll:

Stop being so fecking argumentative lol