PDA

View Full Version : Track car or not???

clio16valver
30-09-2006, 17:43
right guys thinking of buying a newer car, but the question is do i break the valver or do i totally strip it and do the good old thing and track it, trouble been is that i have no trailer so i would have to drive it to the local track which is cadwell!!

opinions...

james

Lunner
30-09-2006, 17:45
cadwell is a great track to have local

You can still keep it road legal and have it as a track car, valver ph2 wheels are cheap as chips, and it dont' take long to swap wheels over

Thing is storage, plus you'd really need to drive ti regularly to keep it all ticking over, and to make sure nothing breaks when you get it on track, not good having paid £200 for a day and the car breaking after an hour on track

clio16valver
30-09-2006, 17:52
yeah thats some good points. i would still drive it but only for short journeys to and from work as i live literally 1.5 mile away, would that be good enough to make sure everything ok

james

Lunner
30-09-2006, 17:55
if you have a proper track car then you won't wanna be using it as a daily driver, more of a take it out for a thrash for an hour each weekend type of car.

Mine is verging on impractical, and women HATE it, and i've still got dash in, and haven't got a cage in it either

Really wanna run it for more than 1.5 miles, my commute to work is about 5-6 miles and its only just getting fully up to temp then

clio16valver
30-09-2006, 17:59
well tbh i think if i were to track it i would probably have to borrow my cousins trailer and jeep and get him to take it for me (he would also want t a track car :lol: )

i have a big garden so no problem with storage but i really cant be bothere to prepare it haha

james

Lunner
30-09-2006, 18:00
preparing it is half the fun :D

Andy P
30-09-2006, 18:25
I have buckets and rear seats and carpets removed and the mrs is starting to get a bit pissy, not a problem as i couldnt give a shit!

Good to have a daily drive if you can afford it as its not nice driving a stripped clio in the pissin rain :evil:

Lunner
30-09-2006, 18:30
Its ok if you have a missus but going to pick a girl up for a date in it, very few are impressed, infact i've found one girl who likes it

Andy P
30-09-2006, 18:32
Havent you told them? "Less is more love, just like your skirt it seems"

:lol: :lol:

Lunner
30-09-2006, 18:32
good idea :lol: as i get slapped it eh face and they get out again