PDA

View Full Version : William querys

edde
23-04-2005, 01:35
Ok stupid question I know but what is the point of the air intake pipe which goes out the botom of the fillter round everthing possible and then finishes begind the foglight is this pipe even necessary? I cannot see it helping make any power but then again.

Also on the car theres an air filter on the oil breather thing a new one would look good as the rubbers perrished slightly but Renault don't even know it exists so is it aftermarket? Its the one which accorind to Renault should be piped from the air filter.

big hp
23-04-2005, 01:41
Filter on oil breather will be after market yes. Normally part of standard induction systemk.

Remove blanking plate by fog light then standard air pipe will be more efficent.

GazTwo
23-04-2005, 06:41
Well done big hp...u got the right answers whilst being possessed by the Stella Monster....lol....probably took u 2 hours to type it.... :wink:

KingStromba
23-04-2005, 11:00
Personally i dont think removing the front fog helps (or the blanking plate). Its all to do with vortices and reynolds numbers (ok so i know that is a fluid but its the same principle). I think the air intake from a still air body would be more efficient. Blasting air into the front fog housing may create strong vortices that prevent air from efficiently entering the air intake pipe.

:D

Until i see proof, i say leave it as Renault intennded

Martin
23-04-2005, 20:59
The mini oil breather is a part of the viper kit i had on the car some time ago....I did'nt have the piping necessary to reach the airbox so I kept the filter.

The cold air feed from the airbox has got to be of some use imo...I have a cold air feed where the fog used to be running to the pipe/to the airbox.

big hp
24-04-2005, 19:44
Well done big hp...u got the right answers whilst being possessed by the Stella Monster....lol....probably took u 2 hours to type it.... :wink:

:shock:

LOL Only about 90mins mate :wink: