PDA

View Full Version : Altinator belt problems??

roffy
09-02-2005, 15:21
Last sat i had my Cam belt changed along with the altinator belt. Now from cold when the car is stationary if i turn the wheels left and right (putting a large load on the power steering) i get a knocking noise and the belt sometines sqeels, and slips. I drove 5 miles to show my mechanic friend and when i got there the car had warmed up and no noise to be heard, just the usual wurrr of the powers teering. Can anyone advise to the problem? belt too tight? When he changet the altinator belt he couldn't find a way to adjust the tension on it? how is it done? know the 1.4 altinator used to move to tighten it.

Also i have noticed there is a metalic noise coming from the front right suspension area, every time i go over a bump it sounds like i drive over a loose drain cover, any idea as to whats loose?

Help!?

GazTwo
09-02-2005, 15:26
I had a squeek from mine when I'd had the belts done on full lock as it's tight where I park but my mechanic just said it was because it was a new belt and it's never made a noise since.

northy
09-02-2005, 15:29
to stop the clicking noise you need the alternator belt tightning up. Make sure the garage has done it to the right setting.

mon
13-09-2005, 19:06
Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:21 pm Post subject: Altinator belt problems??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last sat i had my Cam belt changed along with the altinator belt. Now from cold when the car is stationary if i turn the wheels left and right (putting a large load on the power steering) i get a knocking noise and the belt sometines sqeels, and slips. I drove 5 miles to show my mechanic friend and when i got there the car had warmed up and no noise to be heard, just the usual wurrr of the powers teering. Can anyone advise to the problem? belt too tight? When he changet the altinator belt he couldn't find a way to adjust the tension on it? how is it done? know the 1.4 altinator used to move to tighten it.

Also i have noticed there is a metalic noise coming from the front right suspension area, every time i go over a bump it sounds like i drive over a loose drain cover, any idea as to whats loose?

Help!?

did you sort out them noise coming from the front right????? :?:

Rajk
14-09-2005, 00:42
the metalic noise could be the cam belt cover not tight, did you get the tensioners changed too? the alternator belt can be done by unscrewing the bottom nut and pulling the alternator up to make it tight.