PDA

View Full Version : FAO of anyone with a Magnex system

Tommo
27-09-2006, 20:18
What are they like, will be investing in a brand new one next Month

Jamie.
27-09-2006, 20:29
i have one and im not sure how good the build quality is as i had to have the silencer welded as it was blowing quite badly. have you had a look at bb's s/s exhaust? it seems pretty cheap for a lifetime warranty one

big hp
27-09-2006, 20:51
Brilliant, i can highly recommend them.

seanofnp
27-09-2006, 21:08
Magnex, wouldnt have it any other way. Loved mine on my 16v, will have one on the williams too.

Anders
27-09-2006, 21:42
same as above....Magnex any day of the week. Had mine on for nearly 7 years now, still going stong. No signs of any blowing and hangers are all still intact.

Tommo
27-09-2006, 21:50
Cheers for the feedback fellas, currently running a Devil system but want a change. Hmm didn't realise the Magnex was no longer made for the Williams......Motorspeed.com seem to do a full cat back system - £289, altho I haven't rang them so don't know if the website is out of date?

Tommo
27-09-2006, 22:08
i have one and im not sure how good the build quality is as i had to have the silencer welded as it was blowing quite badly. have you had a look at bb's s/s exhaust? it seems pretty cheap for a lifetime warranty one
I haven't looked at BB's one yet mate, I'm really up for getting the Magnex tho if I can, I've seen a few pics and they look good and don't protrude too far out like the Devil, also heard they are very 'tuneful' unlike the Devil which is just raucous!

arj256
27-09-2006, 22:13
I looked into exhausts due to the hassle which my scorpian has given me. And no where sells a williams magnex no more which sucks.
And becuase the williams needs the extra hanger to keep the exhaust nice and high only leaves you with standard or custom

Im going to to try a standard williams centre section with an ashley backbox as everywhere around here wants the earth for custom exhausts.

Coops
27-09-2006, 22:18
magnex is mint, but am strugglin like hell to get mine sit right n stop knockin, but my car is way too low!

Tommo
27-09-2006, 22:27
Hmm I'm disappointed nowhere seems to stock a magnex system for the williams anymore. I'm gonna try motorspeed.com tomorrow and also give the demon tweeks boys a call and find out.

Coops, my devil knocks like a bitch when hot, part of the reason I'm looking for a new system, and it's blowing too...

Coops
27-09-2006, 22:35
am still confused as to difference in valver to willy systems, is the downpipe flange orientated different way?

Ahmed Bayjoo
27-09-2006, 22:53
can second what every one else has said.
have a magnex system on mine, i think its just right, fits nice and snug, nice burble at low revs, and when on full song, as was said by someone else on the forum, it sounds subaruish.

BRUN
27-09-2006, 22:58
ive got a Scorpion on mine and im very happy with it

richy
27-09-2006, 23:25
i use to have a devil system on the williams, it fell apart in the end and i replaced it with a scorpion system which im glad i chose that! alot quieter then the devil lol

but magnex are very good to, i have one ready for my bug-eye and use to run one for nearly 3 years on my old vtr, very good quality

bill.
27-09-2006, 23:27
i dont like mine, too small, and too loud, blueflame next i think!

bass_direct
28-09-2006, 01:41
mines pretty good! bangs about way to much though cos the car is low! but it's a really good exhaust, the quality is very good!

getting a mongoose now just for the sound lol

northy
28-09-2006, 08:27
i have the address's of two companies who used to hold a set of cat back systems a year ago.

One defo was for a valver (think it was road runner)- but having a hanger welded on is no problems. The williams and valver systems are identical apart from a missing hanger.

give them a try Tommo they might still have a williams system in stock.

Amanda: EFI Diagnostics 01328 664462
Did have one cat back magnex off the shelf. Also have 4 middle sections £161.92 in stock. (middle sections bought individually are not compatable with backbox's)

Charlotte: ROAD RUNNER 01159 423054
Cat back £270 but i managed to get her down to £256.50 for one. A group buy back then for me and gaz was 2 @ £522.95.

Or just go to blue flame mate :wink:

Zollo
28-09-2006, 08:48
Magnex are crap. Had two centre-sections blew through and rattle badly on my old 205. My Williams came with a Magnex system - first the centre-section developed a hole and then now all the baffles have blown out of the backbox. Shite.

Plus they boom really loudly at motorway cruising speed. Shite.

northy
28-09-2006, 08:52
so whats your oppion then zullu ?? :wink:

Zollo
28-09-2006, 08:52
:oops: :P

nyk
28-09-2006, 08:55
I have a magnex, cant fault it really.

Had to have it adjusted a few times from lowering my car up and down but other than that no problems what so ever.

J o n
28-09-2006, 09:23
They don't make them for the Williams anymore Tommo, only make them for the Valver so there a hanger short. Me and northy searched everywhere for a company that had some left in stock but no luck.

Glad I went for the Blue Flame in the end... :)

unlucky, I just dropped off a FULL magnex system (cat back and 3" tail pipe) off to go on my old Williams... apparently the Powerflow was too loud!? ;) lol

Amirclio
28-09-2006, 10:08
Th magnex on my Valver is fine, the baffles flew out the centre box on the M1 one day had it chopped out and straight pipe fitted! Other wise not problems, couple of years old now still looks fairly new!

MatBrown
28-09-2006, 10:57
The williams and valver systems are identical apart from a missing hanger.

No they are not.
The hanger on the U bend is also at the wrong angle and will not fit a Willy.

Mat.

northy
28-09-2006, 10:57
heehee double unlucky :wink:

MatBrown
28-09-2006, 11:01
The magnex i had on my 16v also had the extra hanger at the front cos it came with a hanger to bolt to the car in the place where the willy already has one.
They might have changed this though as the fit was really shit.

Mat.

freebone16v
28-09-2006, 11:47
i also have a magnex on my valver

recently i can't seem to get the centre box to stop banging on the heatshield, thing is is its right under the seats to...pain in the ass...i think its something as people have said above, mine sits quite low so maybe that....

i have a hanger just infront of my centre box that has no use...lol

as for the sound, it is so quiet when stopped, sometimes i have had to rev it to see if i have stalled, but when opened up it sounds lovely,

as for the motorway cruising speed problem i found that was the case at 70, until i fitted the decat, then the cruising speed decreased so could sit at 70+ with no annoying burble

MatBrown
28-09-2006, 11:53
i have a hanger just infront of my centre box that has no use...lol

If you get the extra hanger from a willy you would be able to use the one on the centre section.

Mat.

freebone16v
28-09-2006, 12:42
don't know if i really need it mat.....thats were it is tapping the heat shield so i know i don't need to hold it any higher...lol

Tommo
28-09-2006, 19:09
Northy/Gaz, what does the blue flame sound like? How much would I be looking at for a full system?

FlamingMonkey
28-09-2006, 21:39
Magnex are awesome sounding in my opinion, but I blew the crap out of it with the decat etc, so I've gone powerflow, still excellent, but I prefered the sound of the magnex

Daz.
28-09-2006, 21:55
Powerflow for me too - Nice Angry noise when your flying - Still desperately need to get a decat built up though but I might aswell wait till after the next mot

FATBOY
28-09-2006, 22:07
i had magnex cat back with magnex decat(the magnex de cat is still on the car.... i thought the magnex was to droney inside the car at 4k/4.5k revs! to loud inside! changed it for a devil str8 thru and its loud outside instead of inside(suits me better!! lol)

Tommo
28-09-2006, 22:15
Fatboy, I found the straight thru way too loud, attracted too much attention so switched back to the standard centre section, but now it knocks like a b*tch, can't get it right! And also started blowing! Seems to be difficult sourcing the Magnex which was 1st choice, may go for the blue flame depending on cost, like the look in northys pic, very discreet, looks almost standard

Tommo
28-09-2006, 22:43
I like it mate, looks nice. Does it have a silenced centre section or straight through? Any pops or bangs on the over run? £240 sounds like a good price

FATBOY
29-09-2006, 07:35
Fatboy, I found the straight thru way too loud, attracted too much attention so switched back to the standard centre section, but now it knocks like a b*tch, can't get it right! And also started blowing! Seems to be difficult sourcing the Magnex which was 1st choice, may go for the blue flame depending on cost, like the look in northys pic, very discreet, looks almost standard

thats why i like it so much :wink:

snakeylady
29-09-2006, 09:08
Have had a magnex straight thru- de-cat fitted for the last four years and had no problems at all - really nice sound about town [altho it is guaranteed to get you noticed - very loud :lol: ] altho must admit it does get a bit drony at high revs - still don't do much motorway driving so not bothered.

freebone16v
29-09-2006, 11:22

funny you should say about it knocking like a bitch.........after mentioning my extra hanger i found today that the hanger just before centre box was actually touching the underside of the car...hacked that one off......so no more constant rattle, also downpipe is moved away from the subframe so no more vibrations...........the centre box still knocks on occasions thought..tis annoying