PDA

View Full Version : kw coilovers

Ahmed Bayjoo
27-09-2006, 16:10
anybody tried them or got any feedback?
the kw1 variant seems well priced , par with the avos and fk

Zollo
27-09-2006, 17:04
Not ever tried them, but Variant 1s don't come with any damping adjustment at all, whereas the rest do. Something to consider...

Ahmed Bayjoo
27-09-2006, 23:41
yeah agreed zollo, im not to bothered about the adjustable damping more with the hieght, i am undecided wether to raise the ride hieght on my car at least with coilovers i got the option.

im looking to renew my shocks soon anyway, its just the price seems very reasonable given the quality of the kw (tuv tested etc) coilovers.

had a look at afew places (demon tweeks £385... europerformance £445).

had a look on the kw website and on there it says because its there 10th year in business they are doing sum special offers one of them being , the kw v1 for the clio williams they got it priced at 499 euros.
maybe thats why they are goin for such a good price.

Zollo
28-09-2006, 08:52
Definately very good kit. I know of a lot of wealthy people using them in their posh cars!

Plus it's difficult to know where to start with adjustment and they're probably set to a pretty good road/track setting anyway. For £385, they gotta be worth it :D

Kelly
28-09-2006, 17:41
Definately very good kit. I know of a lot of wealthy people using them in their posh cars!

:P

I have KW varient 2 fully adjustables on my coop - excellent imo.

Can adjust the ride height too for mint pictures lol - nice and low :D

Ahmed Bayjoo
28-09-2006, 18:23
can u lower the car say just -20mm if u wanted on the kw coilovers.

i seem to b getting a mix view on wether u can or not. i was told that the coilover thread is actually quite long so should b fine to lower by -20mm, but on the net and a few other ppl says they start from -40mm going as low as -75mm.

can u shed any light kelly?>

dimkais
28-09-2006, 20:09
Ive got KW variant II.Very good kit althought too many miles still working perfectly :lol:

Zollo
29-09-2006, 09:26
Ive got KW variant II.Very good kit althought too many miles still working perfectly :lol:

Good to hear - coilovers don't seem to last very long usually. What kind of mileage and life (type of usage) have they had?