PDA

View Full Version : Post count...

J o n
27-09-2006, 08:53
has also ****ed up... dont pay these cunts a dime until it runs out then **** these robbing bastards off.

oh, virtual garage is also gone... cant even be arsed doing it again, took ages... what a let down, far from happy about this, hope you get something out of this Richy as this is just a diabolical service

summeh
27-09-2006, 09:03
umm think how northy feels mate.

nyk
27-09-2006, 09:05
the valver discussion board is back tho!! LOL

Daz.
27-09-2006, 09:21
Its a proper bugger - I can't even think of all the things that have gone on in the meantime...

Bloody postcounts hit me bad - how sad am I - I was well into the 2k's!

J o n
27-09-2006, 09:49
lol, Summeh, I know how Northy feels mate believe me. I'm in the process of writing the provider a letter on behalf of WC admin with a list of demands that they WILL meet. I'll speak to my sister regarding breaking out of the agreed contract, as I dont think they will have any choice in the matter due to failure of service agreements (she's a lawyer by the way and knows contract law pretty damn well).

Daz, know what you mean, ive lost over a thousand by the looks of it, Northy has lost about 1'500, so god knows how many threads, topics, changes etc etc have gone, but it's a hell of a lot.

McPikie
27-09-2006, 09:51
Postcounts are for gayers

LaurenGTI
27-09-2006, 11:11
You will all have to get spamming now!! :wink: :lol:

2 live
27-09-2006, 11:14
postcount.........lol..wassat then? ;)

and does it really matter?

McPikie
27-09-2006, 11:15
postcount.........lol..wassat then? ;)

and does it really matter?

It's a cyberism for how big your cock is 2live :lol:

ie - Jesus = 345,812 posts - Small cock :wink:

2 live
27-09-2006, 11:17
wow.....the things u can find out on an interweb forum

lol

seanofnp
27-09-2006, 11:33
This shouldt be over lost postcounts, thats pathetic, but over the posts LOST themselves.

nyk
27-09-2006, 11:35
I know, a lot of info has been lost sadly.

Who cares how many times people have posted. :roll:

Wobba
27-09-2006, 11:54
It's amazing how interweb communities soon smooth over things like this.

Don't worry.

Zollo
27-09-2006, 12:02
It's amazing how interweb communities soon smooth over things like this.

Don't worry.

Check this guy out. First post and he thinks he owns the place :roll:

:wink:

Smokey McPot
27-09-2006, 13:07
lol, Summeh, I know how Northy feels mate believe me. I'm in the process of writing the provider a letter on behalf of WC admin with a list of demands that they WILL meet. I'll speak to my sister regarding breaking out of the agreed contract, as I dont think they will have any choice in the matter due to failure of service agreements (she's a lawyer by the way and knows contract law pretty damn well).

Daz, know what you mean, ive lost over a thousand by the looks of it, Northy has lost about 1'500, so god knows how many threads, topics, changes etc etc have gone, but it's a hell of a lot.

You are joking, right?

J o n
27-09-2006, 13:11
no, they moved the server without telling us prior to the move, then lost our data, which we are responsible for, so what are they doing moving our data in the first place? The responsibility lies with them, they are meants to provide the service as described and no where does it give them the rights to move any data, especially not without implementing some form of backup... who the **** moves data without a backup contingency plan?

nyk
27-09-2006, 13:16
no, they moved the server without telling us prior to the move, then lost our data, which we are responsible for, so what are they doing moving our data in the first place? The responsibility lies with them, they are meants to provide the service as described and no where does it give them the rights to move any data, especially not without implementing some form of backup... who the f**k moves data without a backup contingency plan?

williams clio hosts. LOL

Your right jesus, it is ridiculous. But I'd be very surprised if the club gets anything more than a free months hosting if that. I'm sure there will be contingencies in their SLA to cover them or else they would not have taken as long as this to get it sorted.

jamie
27-09-2006, 13:21
Yeah agree not good my garage is gone, everyone must be so pissed!!!

nyk
27-09-2006, 13:25
I know. A lot fo the stuff cant be replaced, like the infamous tyre thread. LOL

I'm sure Northy and WC Admin are doing all they can to sort the hosting company out.

Gav
27-09-2006, 13:27
?? It's a forum dudes, chill oot!

Not the end of the world, get knocked down and get back up again

shit happens :P

Smokey McPot
27-09-2006, 13:42
no, they moved the server without telling us prior to the move, then lost our data, which we are responsible for, so what are they doing moving our data in the first place? The responsibility lies with them, they are meants to provide the service as described and no where does it give them the rights to move any data, especially not without implementing some form of backup... who the f**k moves data without a backup contingency plan?

As described where?

OK, pardon my ignorance but when you paid for your membership (I dont pay, so dont know) was there an SLA signed on the subject of data?

What does the paying membership cover?

Smokey McPot
27-09-2006, 13:49
I just re-read your posts Jesus and mis-read that your issue is with the hosting provider, not WC. My bad. :)

Questions still stand however, plus....is WC a registered business/owners club (and therefore allowed to charge for membership)? It may enable them to recoup any lost monies for the service downtime....

Gav
27-09-2006, 13:55
It's a car forum, not a business. Northy and Paul, as the owners, what is your plan of attack?

just realised.....****in lunner is ahead of my posts again :roll:

Purple
27-09-2006, 14:13
:-) Hmmm... Northy red car would be a nice settlement for damages. For severe deep vein thrombosis from sitting in front of the computer and clicking at the refresh button for 1 whole week. That's closed case, man. :D

DaveH
28-09-2006, 20:52
Oh well im back down to one!

Tommo
28-09-2006, 22:09
Damn, gonna take me another 6 months to break the 750 post count... :wink: