PDA

View Full Version : Sports Cats

Swervin_Mervin
26-06-2006, 12:48
Anyone ever had one?

Due the the shoddy new cat that Kwik Fit fitted to our Xsara having to be refunded, we ordered a sport cat for it from Demon Tweeks. Have to wait 7-10 days though as they're made to order.

Got me thinking as to whether anyone's had one on a clio?

northy
26-06-2006, 13:00
ive seen em for sale - just never on a clio mate

supposed to be nearly on par with a decat

2 live
26-06-2006, 13:52
pretty much as northy says i think mate...a silenced de-cat.

altho some are sposed to be a lot better than others, and they do reckon as good as de-cat for some.

Swervin_Mervin
26-06-2006, 13:59
Cool. Well I'm going to see what the one for the Xsara is like in terms of quality. Should be good I think. Can't be worse than the Kwik Fit one, which dropped it's heatshield on Friday after only being on the car for 2 months.:roll:

Then I might consider it as I don't have a friendly MOT tester near me so the arse of swapping the de-cat for cat is too much for me.

Lunner
26-06-2006, 15:27
Looked inot doing them for the mk2 clios, but they are ALOT of money for not alot of gain

Swervin_Mervin
26-06-2006, 15:41
Worked out ok on the Xsara as we needed a new cat (old one sheared off!) and the sports cat is the same cost as the Kwik Fit item. Hopefully it will actually fit as well, without having to stretch all the hangers to the absolute limits. :evil:

Allan
13-11-2006, 22:05
is a sports cat on my williams but was on it when i got it so cant tell you if its any better then standard or if decat is better.

although decat made my valver pull a lot nicer higher up

Swervin_Mervin
17-11-2006, 18:40
The sports cat on the xsara is the tits. Gives it a nice raspy note but also has smoothed out a mid range flat spot.

The torwue curve must be pretty linear now on it. Still not got one for mine though!