PDA

View Full Version : rumble/vibration

willy3
26-06-2006, 09:38
my mates 16v has develeoped a rumble kind of wheel bearing noise, but also has a vibration which gets worse when you turn left, changed d/s driveshaft ,didn't help going to do p/s one the night....any ideas would be much appreciated...

there is no play at the front and everything seems tight thought about it being wheel bearing but would u get a vibration???

Flan
26-06-2006, 10:14
Could be the wheel bearing is f*cked... my mates did the same till we replaced both.. there fun to do... :wink:

also vibration could be wheels unbalanced... :wink:

willy3
26-06-2006, 12:04
we changed the wheels to 4 new ones and the problem is still there, p/s wheel bearings been changed, thats where the noise sounds like it comes from, its a rotational noise, C.V joint?????

Wills16v
26-06-2006, 16:58
listenin to the symptoms... and i definitely wud have said that your driveshafts / CV joints need replacing (not always easy to tell which side with CV joints, so could possibly be best off replacing both). However, as you say, bearings can also cause the vibration - wheels don't always have to have play in them for the bearings to be worn.

In short, it will definitely be either your wheel bearing or CV joint (the ones you haven't yet changed).

willy3
27-06-2006, 09:09
update: both driveshafts been changed and also p/s wheel bearing, still the same, d/s wheel bearing tonight, hope that works or i think it may be diff?????Any more suggestions??