PDA

View Full Version : rocker gasket

diggs04
24-06-2006, 15:15
i brought one stupidly from gsf and it aint the exact same as the renault one.anyway im not happy with it so need the part number for the renault one. now the one i got was for r19 16v and clio 16v. i have a r19 16v lump in my clio. think its the same any1 got the part number?

Rich
24-06-2006, 18:25
its the same mate 100%

Gav
24-06-2006, 18:38
rocker gaskets are decieving :wink:

once u line it up it will fit

it looks like it wont in the packet but it will go on no worries 8)

diggs04
24-06-2006, 19:06
no i have put it on but at the drivers side end it aint the shape of the cover i cant explain i should of took pictures. the old one i took off is the right shape. anyway i had to cut into it to fit it on.its different trust me! thats why i need a renault one.

Gav
24-06-2006, 19:12
u dont need a renault one, when i changed mine i didnt use renault...£10 from megaspares

MatBrown
24-06-2006, 19:24
The Clio differs from the 19 due to the way the top mount is bolted to the head but both can be used on either as the differences are only in the plug well area and not anywhere that needs sealing.

Mat.

Justin..
24-06-2006, 19:46
i had a renault one but had to cut a bit out for it to fit on flat.

VIPERONE
24-06-2006, 19:57
GAsket Sealant..lol

Amirclio
24-06-2006, 22:46
The Clio differs from the 19 due to the way the top mount is bolted to the head but both can be used on either as the differences are only in the plug well area and not anywhere that needs sealing.

Mat.

Isnt the top mount bolted to the cambelt cover?
Amir

Coops
24-06-2006, 23:24
get the old one and lay the parts over a cereal packet and cut out a new one, job done! its like blue peter on here! :wink:

summeh
25-06-2006, 00:56
why bother with a gasket for the rocker cover when u can just use a tube of sealant for less money and more applications?

MatBrown
25-06-2006, 01:32

Mat.

Isnt the top mount bolted to the cambelt cover?
Amir

Yes, which is bolted to the head.

Mat.

dan-hipgrave
25-06-2006, 11:26
why bother with a gasket for the rocker cover when u can just use a tube of sealant for less money and more applications?

Yeh exactly what GDI did when building my engine, then when i wanted to change the cover to a polished one, it bloody wouldnt come off :evil:

diggs04
25-06-2006, 12:18
i dont think id do the blue peter make your own some how!

i didnt know about the sealant!

dan-hipgrave
25-06-2006, 12:49
I wouldnt recommend the sealant option mate - like i said GDi have used silicon sealant on mine, and its not going anywhere - ive tried prising it off with screwdrivers, whacking it with a hammer, everything, so i dread the day i want to fit some cams to it..

Gav
25-06-2006, 13:24
lol its £10 for a new one u cheap barstards! :lol:

POWARTEK
25-06-2006, 13:54
whats it on abt when they ask 4 or 6 holes?

diggs04
25-06-2006, 14:00
didnt ask for hole numbers.it had all the right holes in the right places but the left side of it wasnt the right shape.theres some sort of round thing that sticks out on the left on engine. the old gasket had this roung shape cut out. but the new shitty one didnt have this bit cut out. so put a cut it in to put it on.

i wish i had taken pictures it would have been alot easier!

arj256
25-06-2006, 14:22
no i have put it on but at the drivers side end it aint the shape of the cover i cant explain i should of took pictures. the old one i took off is the right shape. anyway i had to cut into it to fit it on.its different trust me! thats why i need a renault one.

I know what you mean, i got one from gsf and where the pulleys are theres an aditional bit sticking out, where theres a bolt hole thingy in the way.

I just carefully cut mine down so it was like the original one, and never had any issues with it.
No need to buy another, its only really cardboard stuff anyway.

Lunner
25-06-2006, 16:16
I wouldnt recommend the sealant option mate - like i said GDi have used silicon sealant on mine, and its not going anywhere - ive tried prising it off with screwdrivers, whacking it with a hammer, everything, so i dread the day i want to fit some cams to it..

LOL sure you haven't just missed a few bolts, tehre are ****ing loads holding it on, and hit it upwards not sideways :wink:

VIPERONE
25-06-2006, 22:37

I woud recommend the sealant option. the correct sealant option that is -)

Hipgrave get to the gym. ;-)

Lunner
26-06-2006, 09:20

I woud recommend the sealant option. the correct sealant option that is -)

Hipgrave get to the gym. ;-)

LOL, was trying to avoid calling him a pussy :wink: :lol:

summeh
27-06-2006, 00:07

lol sounds like they used glue, get the engine hot first and it might come off easier.