PDA

View Full Version : Cut wire on loom

u33db
23-06-2006, 14:30
Can anyone tell me what wire this is thats cut on this RSI loom and wether its anything important?

http://www.coded-solutions.com/car/loom.jpg

dan-hipgrave
23-06-2006, 14:40
Is the RSi loom anything like the valver/williams loom as ive got one in the shed that i could go and dig out to check the wiring if you want?

u33db
23-06-2006, 14:49
Is the RSi loom anything like the valver/williams loom as ive got one in the shed that i could go and dig out to check the wiring if you want?

I don't know if it is TBH mate but cheers for the offer...i may take you up on that later.

I'm going to try attaching it to the engine later on and see if theres anything obvious that isn't plugged...for now, i just wondered if anyone new/could hazard a guess off the top of their head?

u33db
23-06-2006, 14:49
Its quite a beefy wire btw...IIRC has 2/3 smaller ones inside it?

dan-hipgrave
23-06-2006, 14:54
Having had a look at my spare loom, i believe it could be the top thermostat plug, as on the valver/williams loom there are two plugs for it, one white injector type connector, and one brown connector and you dont seem to have that one(goes onto the top of the thermostat)...

Im sure if im wrong someone will correct me soon enough lol

u33db
23-06-2006, 14:59
You could be onto something there actually!

From what i can work out from pics of other RSI engines it looks like its something at the pulley side of the engine anyway - i can check once i'm home but is that where the rsi thermostat is?

northy
26-06-2006, 08:01
i think its for a brown connector on the front of the cylinder head - (normally found under the inlet manifold of a valver & williams)

its a grey wire isnt it ?