PDA

View Full Version : FAO Anyone that's driven new section of M60

Swervin_Mervin
23-06-2006, 12:10
Could you please post if you have driven the widened section of the M60 between J5 and J9, and let me know your opinion.

I've driven it twice now and imo it's dangerously bumpy. Not just uncomfortable, but dangerous.

Please let me know as I'm formally complaining.

J o n
23-06-2006, 12:12
yup, it's shite and the drainage is beyond shite when it's been pissing it down, the water just sits on the surface... that road is a death trap...

Swervin_Mervin
23-06-2006, 12:19
I haven't been on it when it's been wet yet. I'm going to drive it in the Xsara as colleagues have suggested having an old car doesn't help. Not that that would be a valid argument in a court of law if someone died as a result of it.

I may also film driving down the section.

Coops
23-06-2006, 13:43
i agree, its bumpy as out, bit no consitantly either, so on them sweeping bends u floor it thinkin its fine, then random big lump then nothing then again, frustrating to say the least!why the hell cant the brits build good roads?!

Gav
23-06-2006, 13:48
i agree, its bumpy as out, bit no consitantly either, so on them sweeping bends u floor it thinkin its fine, then random big lump then nothing then again, frustrating to say the least!why the hell cant the brits build good roads?!

why cant we build anything good?? :(

2 live
23-06-2006, 15:33
hmmmmmmmwill probs be driving this at some stage tonite...mite stick the cam mount on n give it a test run.hehe

Swervin_Mervin
23-06-2006, 15:46
Please do John. the guy has phoned me back this arvo!

He just phoned me and had a huge discussion about it. I think e-mailing from work and highlighting I'm a traffic engineer helped a ton. He reckons a stage 3 safety audit passed it and the police have driven it at speed and also passed it.

However he is still willling to accept there may be problems and wants me to go out and pinpoint the locations of the bumps as best I can. I said it may be exacerbated by driving an older sportier car but he said that's no excuse for it being that bad. :D

Top stuff. I shall report back to him on monday having marked off all the lcations using their 100m marking system. Hopefully it will be modded and smoothed out.

VIPERONE
24-06-2006, 01:51
so you'll be to blame for the traffic problems whilst the modding gets done...good work lol