PDA

View Full Version : I will be invading Williamsland.....

Lunner
22-06-2006, 18:44
....gonna eb working just north of Bradford for the next 12 months +, so will be about in the week, can't wait to have a play on some of the roads up there.

Guides wanted to show roads, drinking holes and local slags

clowo16v
22-06-2006, 19:03
Unless you wanna marry em first you won't find any slags in bradford lol. Leeds is an ace night out. From bradford head north towards ilkley theres some crackin roads round there.

If you fancy a drinkin sesh sometime lemme know we could go for a nite round leeds or somethin

Matt

mozzawily
22-06-2006, 19:08
We got mates in wakefield, we allways do well there.....

Coops
22-06-2006, 21:26
matts spot on wit that mate, roads out ilkley way are spot on! :twisted:

cliorod
22-06-2006, 23:36
Keep going West wards :oops: :oops: ,Try the Fell roads, From Copy Nook, North to Clapham ( Gisburn Forest), :wink: Slaidburn North to Bentham~~ Lythe Fell,and of course the Trough of Bowland ~~ although the road from Hebden Bridge over to Burnley 'aint bad ( Lomg Causeway). :twisted: or the other one to Trawden (Widdop Moor)
Just keep an eye out for errant Rally Drivers :twisted: :twisted: out testing :wink: :roll: .You will know if they got the lights on 600 watts of Halogen bulbs :lol: :lol:
Invest in OS maps 103,97,98 and have a look ~~ We used to rally over these roads and more in the late 80's :roll: :twisted: :roll: But not some used now lol

2 live
23-06-2006, 08:50
lol^^ we did the burnley-hebden route last year....hehe...unfortunately my cams broke on the m65....was me home run too.....bugger.

we also went over the tops from hebden-keighley, another decent road, then thru denholme into hx,followed by a run over blackstone edge, and then northy got me lost lol

dint know they used to do rallying on the long causeway...lived here pretty much all me life too lol....know they used to have the massive moto x track up kebs....but they put a stop to that about 15-20 years ago :cry:

cliorod
23-06-2006, 09:38
I organised several of our "Summer" rallies in the 80's :lol: ,that finished at the Pub,~~cannot remember the name :oops: :oops: ~~ near the wind farms.Also did a Clitheroenean,~~we finished 2nd O/all,that came over Widdop,and finished at the pub. :lol: As they ran through the night ~~ starting at midnight ~~~ it would be 05:00/06:00 when we finished, :twisted: :twisted: ,with very little advertising of the events,Highly unlikely you would know about it. 8)

2 live
23-06-2006, 09:46
pub is 'sportsman s arms' or inn one of the 2 lol..big white pub...nice place too.or it was....has been closed down a while

Swervin_Mervin
23-06-2006, 10:11
If anyone wants a list of roads then I'll post up a new thread somewhere. It's for the whole of Britain and is about 170+ long. 8)

Lunner
23-06-2006, 18:11
ok, i lied i'm not that interested in roads, i'm more interested in local slags i can be introduced to lol

VIPERONE
23-06-2006, 23:24
leave tht to me

stan
23-06-2006, 23:29
gibbo arrests them...lunner potches them!

clowo16v
24-06-2006, 00:56
I'll take you for a nite out in Leeds or Wakey mate 99% of birds are well up for it

Matt

2 live
24-06-2006, 21:41
I organised several of our "Summer" rallies in the 80's :lol: ,that finished at the Pub,~~cannot remember the name :oops: :oops: ~~ near the wind farms.Also did a Clitheroenean,~~we finished 2nd O/all,that came over Widdop,and finished at the pub. :lol: As they ran through the night ~~ starting at midnight ~~~ it would be 05:00/06:00 when we finished, :twisted: :twisted: ,with very little advertising of the events,Highly unlikely you would know about it. 8)

like i say mate.im just surprised that the event took place without me having been to it. my dad was pretty well into his motorsports, both him and me mum used to do banger racing in the mid 70 early 80s, mainly hipperholme/odsal/belle vue etc. but me dads best mate was well into his rallying before he emigrated to oz, as well as the moto x, he used to run a mk1 scort, forest arches etc, full trip in a couple local events......tbh there were a lot of petrol heads in tod at the time, another of me dads mates had a tricked out singer gazelle, before he got into his yank tanks....there were always minis, fords of varying states of tune and roadworthiness parked up outside lol.....ahhh those were the days. haha

Lunner
25-06-2006, 16:11
I'll take you for a nite out in Leeds or Wakey mate 99% of birds are well up for it

Matt

Good good :)

Might have to have a bit of a WC piss up?

VIPERONE
25-06-2006, 19:50
iup for that.

wakey is the best bet.its a bit more rough and ready.... Leeds is a bit snobbish

in fact Halifax would be a good location cheap beer.. plenty of bars andc lubs..

another thing is Lunner, you'll be able to get in to the bars and clubs in Halifax or Wakefield. Your dress code is readily accepted.

heres your new icon:
http://biopicture.cafepress.com/9/1224229.jpg

http://intellectualize.org/images/High%20School%20Jack2.jpg

Lunner
25-06-2006, 20:37
Hey!!

I'm only trying to be like you, i'll go bhack to being cool now then :roll: