PDA

View Full Version : Best suspension set up?

samboRT
21-06-2006, 08:59
what suspension set up is best on the mk1's... i have -60mm springs, but lookin at uprating my shocks in the coming weeks, along with a new set of tyres!

any recommendations? :D

J_A_R_B
21-06-2006, 09:25
The standard williams shocks are really good from what i have read and experienced. My Willy which is setup for track has camber bolts, powerflex bushes, stiffer springs (can't remember the figures) standard willy front shocks with AVO damper adjustable rear shocks which i use to create oversteer or understeer on the car. For every day use the shocks are turned right down as a little harsh otherwise. Tyre wise I use Toyo Proxes. Hope this gives you some ideas.

samboRT
21-06-2006, 09:36
cheers, thanks for that. I would love to use the wide track set up of the williams on my RT... but it would mean, new hubs, custom made driveshafts, wishbones, shockers etc...

just after a good setup for my car, the only way i will be able to beat slightly faster cars is cornering, so i dont mind putting money it to that!

you see, im going for small fat wheels, 13's ... and not many companies make tyres good for that size, Dunlop have a good reputation and "Uniroyal" apparently as they were used on the R5GT wheels which i will be getting.

Have been looking at the Avo adjutable damping shocks, or Apex anyone had experience with them before? :D

Zollo
21-06-2006, 09:52
13s are a common fitment on Caterhams and plenty of classic cars (used in racing) will be 13s, so you shouldn't have a problem really :?

POWARTEK
22-06-2006, 02:07
Get a KW Coilover kit and end all your suspension woes!