PDA

View Full Version : When should a williams hit the limeter

adam 006
18-06-2006, 20:29
Hi could some one tell me at what rpm a williams clio 1 should hit the rev limeter.

thanks adam 006 :D

summeh
18-06-2006, 20:31

summeh
18-06-2006, 20:32
can be around 6800 when its hot though in 4th/5th gear.

adam 006
18-06-2006, 20:39
Nice one thanks for that.I only ask as i have a invoice for a chip with all the paper work i got with the car which said somthing like ecu upgrade 7500 rpm limet.It would seem that the chip has been taken out or car has had a new ecu or somthing.Is there any way off telling if it has been chiped :D

Lunner
18-06-2006, 20:58
Yeah where it hits teh limiter is easiest.

Thing is its its a std engine then the raised limiter isn't gonna help much with all out acceleration, as the peak power will be hit around 6-6.5k, and then trail off, only way it will help is round a track where otherwise you woud;l ahve to short shift before a corner, you can keep teh same gear through it, or when you need to change up for a matter of seconds, or back off before a corner on a straight

adam 006
18-06-2006, 21:01
After looking right thourgh the folder of of paper work i have found an invoice for a ecu so it looks like no chip for me.So i ask which would be the best chip to go for as the car has got pipe cams in not sure which one mind :?: :?: :?:

Lunner
18-06-2006, 22:00
cheapest, gunner chip

Best, chip wizards remap

adam 006
19-06-2006, 12:34
cheapest, gunner chip

Best, chip wizards remap

do you know what sort of price it cost for the chip and is it pos to fit at home or does the ecu have to be sent off to have chip fitted

stew
19-06-2006, 14:39
gunner = gunnergibson on here! he is away on holiday for a week, but will be back soon. PM and he will be able to sort you out hopefully!

Think the cost of the chip is around 50 quid, then you need to buy a chip carrier (very cheap) and then solder it into the ecu!

im told they work very well for the money! :twisted:

VIPERONE
19-06-2006, 14:55
£30 + free chip carrier supplied posted.

ive ran off 15 copies so o delays for blanks. i email fitment instructions out.. Although i for got to email Jez his set before i jetted off to spain.

You need to get a professional or an electrical engineer to fit the eprom itsself..... Most TV/ Sat repair men can fit the chip as its not difficult.

i can do them.. but wont risk it till im a wiz with it.
dont try doing the job with a student solder setup. you need a 25 watt soldering set up and soldering braid to soak up the solder form the old eprom chip.
one the old chip is removed, fit the socket.. then you can plug and play with the standard chip and my altered one. i have a few different maps on my PC.. Ive got a standard chip, standard altered, 2 cam set ups, abd a ridiculous group A/N map which revs off the clocks.

type gunnerchip in the search threads theres a few threads/postings.

back on 24th June from Spain.

there is only one eprom on the ecu board so locating it is easy. the ecu itself sits under the jack in the front right hand scuttle panel.
ive got pics etc on my home pc..
I hate the poor williams limiter it hits it too quick for my liking.

adam 006
19-06-2006, 19:29
£30 + free chip carrier supplied posted.

ive ran off 15 copies so o delays for blanks. i email fitment instructions out.. Although i for got to email Jez his set before i jetted off to spain.

You need to get a professional or an electrical engineer to fit the eprom itsself..... Most TV/ Sat repair men can fit the chip as its not difficult.

i can do them.. but wont risk it till im a wiz with it.
dont try doing the job with a student solder setup. you need a 25 watt soldering set up and soldering braid to soak up the solder form the old eprom chip.
one the old chip is removed, fit the socket.. then you can plug and play with the standard chip and my altered one. i have a few different maps on my PC.. Ive got a standard chip, standard altered, 2 cam set ups, abd a ridiculous group A/N map which revs off the clocks.

type gunnerchip in the search threads theres a few threads/postings.

back on 24th June from Spain.

there is only one eprom on the ecu board so locating it is easy. the ecu itself sits under the jack in the front right hand scuttle panel.
ive got pics etc on my home pc..
I hate the poor williams limiter it hits it too quick for my liking.

Thanks for that.The cam in my clio are piper 270 so i told.Any how will contact you when you get back

Lunner
19-06-2006, 21:05
christ, are they timed in properly??

I'd got for a full chipwizards remap personally

adam 006
20-06-2006, 17:50
christ, are they timed in properly??

I'd got for a full chipwizards remap personally

As for the cams thats is just what is was told as they were in the motor when i got.Is there any way to find out what cams i have.i know there piper as i have a bill for fitting in the paper work but it does not say what duratin they are.How much does a remap cost :?: :?: