PDA

View Full Version : Uprated Springs Prices

Mark_Ritchspeed
21-04-2005, 08:18
Just so you all know we are now able to supply springs to ANY spec thats required for @ £115 all in including delivery. These can be stiffened, weakened, lowered, highered or to completely standard spec. Whatever you want .

If there is enough call for a particular poundage, height we will even be able to get the price down by about £10 a set.

The company we use are very well respected in the motorsport industry and even supply Prodrive.

Cheers
Mark

KingStromba
21-04-2005, 10:08
Can you supply two standard ones for that price?

Mark_Ritchspeed
21-04-2005, 10:14
Yep. Standard are no problem. The price will be the same for any set of springs designed to fit the standard strut/top mount. Wether they are to standard spec or uprated/ lowered in any way.

For instance my springs are 220lbs (standard are 125lbs) but with the ride height raised by @ 20mm.

summeh
21-04-2005, 11:08
thats a good price, considering the reno ones cost 140quid per set !!!!

dannyt
21-04-2005, 11:41
why have you had it highered 20mm mark, or did u mean lowered?

Also does it make a massive differnce when you change the spring ilbs to 225, whats it feel like?

Swervin_Mervin
21-04-2005, 11:47
Highered for rally purposes I'd imagine. 225lbs just means the springs much harder. The lower the pundage the less it takes to compress the spring.

GazTwo
21-04-2005, 11:55
Mark I'd be interested in some springs for the Valver...I need to loose the Land Rover look but don't want it to be silly low and don't want a rock hard ride feeling all the bumps.....any suggestions mate???

KingStromba
21-04-2005, 12:43
Standard? :D

Mark_Ritchspeed
21-04-2005, 13:18
I think it depends on what useage the car gets. 200+ lbs will be too stiff for most people for the road. The experiments I made with springs etc took as long as getting to a brake spec that I liked. I even once lowered the Clio for a day and then took the springs off and sold em on.

For fast road and a bit of track use a standard height spring with around 170-180lbs would be ideal. I'm not a fan of lowered Willys as I think the front end is as low as you would want for fast b road bashing.

If I was to set mine up for track only (i.e not rallying) I would opt for a 250lbs spring set at standard height. If kept standard height you would be able to use wider slicks without damaging the wings. I opted for the 220lbs spring to keep a bit of traction on bumpier tarmac and increased the ride height so when its jumping etc its less likely to bottom out.

If I was to just use the car for fast road use then a 160lbs spring set-up would be ideal at standard height.

GazTwo, are Valver springs the same fitting as Willy springs or not? If they are different then I would need a sample spring to get a base height/poundage from.

summeh
21-04-2005, 13:32
willy/valver springs are the same i think. not sure on poundage ratings though.

GazTwo
21-04-2005, 13:34
Not sure mate, would need to check.

Mark_Ritchspeed
21-04-2005, 13:35
I thought they were the same, but wasnt sure. If the spring is the same size then its no problem what the poundage is as standard.

richy
21-04-2005, 19:56
just to add to what mark has said i run some 165lb, std height springs on my williams(formally marks springs) and they are great for fast road use, help reduce the amount of roll and seems to have improved front end turn in, i have enquired about another set for trackday purposes to about 200lbs std height

:)