PDA

View Full Version : Scraping/Grinding under braking

samboRT
16-06-2006, 10:35
ok... well i lowered my car yesterday with the help of Biffons_Bridge (cars a 1.4rt), lowered it -60mm on front and finishing the torsion bar today.... Right, under braking i get a quite loud scraping/grinding noise, sounds like 2 things rubbing together, maybe a stone in the caliper or something stuck, it was like this before but has now got worse after lowering, we checked the pads over and they seemed ok... cant see what it might be tbh??

any help, its baffling me!

cheers, Sam

:?:

Dan_Williams
16-06-2006, 11:27
could be the tyre on the arch

Coops
16-06-2006, 12:43
sure its coming from the front mate, when my RT did that it was cuz the rear shoes had ripped in half n were scraping around inside the drum! :oops:

samboRT
16-06-2006, 12:44
hmmm, i was thinkng this, but it cant be as it does not make a very loud noise when running normal, just under braking and coming to a standstill at the min.... was going to buy some new pads before but i am going to have a very good look at it later on, take off the calipers and see if anything is stuck in there as that is what it sounds liike.... anyone else got ideas?

rochdale_williams
16-06-2006, 12:54
sounds like a lowering issue tbh. if it's only done it since you dropped the susp then i'd be checking arch liners and possibly bumpers. if your braking then it drops the nose down which sounds like your prob

Dan_Williams
16-06-2006, 12:56
well as u brake the front end will dip

rochdale_williams
16-06-2006, 12:58
either that or you've run metal to metal on pads or just sh@t in the caliper

samboRT
16-06-2006, 12:58
i see what you are saying, but it did do it before i lowered it, but has got worse now...

will check it out later and let you guys know.

Coops - Deffo coming from the front, can hear it with the windows down and can feel the vibrations coming from there :)

Allan
16-06-2006, 18:43
if its vibrating check your not running on the liners :)

or maybe a sticky caliper