PDA

View Full Version : Fluctuating clutch pedal effort

Purple
15-06-2006, 11:08
What do I check? The clutch pedal force has been varying from the usual strong push to almost Jap-like soft. Bite point also drops a bit lower when it goes soft. Am thinking of topping up the geabox oil to see if it works better. Where do I fill up?

Would appreciate any info. Thanks.

Flan
15-06-2006, 11:29
fill it up thruogh the oil leval plug in the front of the Box!! but i doubt it will effect the clutch... :?

Purple
15-06-2006, 12:06
fill it up thruogh the oil leval plug in the front of the Box!! but i doubt it will effect the clutch... :?
Thanks. Should have thought of the dipstick hole myself. Worth a try even if it don't fix it.

EDIT: Oops, silly me. That where the engine oil go. Whereabouts in front were you talking about, Flan?

And Mr Mod, can you put my post into the technical faq? I must have put it in media accidently. Thanks.

northy
15-06-2006, 13:02
to check the level of the gearbox get the car on flat ground.

Stand at the passenger wheel and look towards the drivers wheel.
Look down at the left hand side of the gearbox and there will be a plastic wingnut plug. (its about half way down the casting)

get a length of pipe and refill untill it starts to come out.

dan-hipgrave
15-06-2006, 16:50
Thanks. Should have thought of the dipstick hole myself. Worth a try even if it don't fix it.

EDIT: Oops, silly me. That where the engine oil go.

PMSL @ the thought of you trying to fill your gearbox up by pouring oil down the dipstick tube :lol: Oh and thats not how you fill your engine oil either :wink: