PDA

View Full Version : Oh the Joy!

Coops
14-06-2006, 20:45
well cables finally arrived today at renault so in high spirits i collected them from renault and headed home for a tinker to get the old girl running again!

all goes smoothly, new cables on easy as 1-2-3 and i adjust and tighten up the handbrake, to realise there seems to be a bit of slack in the cable :?

check the pads.........my god theres nothing left really! so off i trot to halfords n pick up some shiny new ferodos.

old pads levered out and at this point i notice that the back side of the pads is considerably more worn than the outside ones on both side............oh poo. so i try to wind the caliper back.........not a blummin chance me old china. the piston is moving fine on both sides, hence the handbrake works, but the carrier n caliper are not sliding on the sliding bolts that hold em to the hub. bo**ox! looks like i have two siezed rear calipers ladies and gentleman!

is there a chance i can take the calipers off and free up the sliding bolts, or is that them kippered forever and new ones required?!

so i had to stick the old pads back in and pray they will last out till my tax runs out at end of the month and the clio's off the road again for meggi b/e action! :twisted:

cheers

one slightly miffed Coops