PDA

View Full Version : Bikes and Mopeds.....

Smokey McPot
14-06-2006, 11:28
If i hold a full driving license and want to get a bike, do i need to first do a CBT or anything, and what would be the largest engined one i could get without doing a full bike license test? Or do i have do to do one anyway?

I'm thinking about running a 125 or similar for my commute during the summer.....

2 live
14-06-2006, 11:47
think u still need the cbt thing tbh mate.

my license used to let me ride a bike, ithink it was summat like 50cc no l plates, or 100 with l plates. summat like that....but they changed it.

now iv been told it depends on what size bike u take ur test on , if its summat like a 125, then ur limited to a certain power/size bike for a set amount of time. if u take it on summat like a 750 or bigger, u can have unlimited power/size bike.

Zollo
14-06-2006, 12:02
Things have just changed, so I may be wrong, but when I was learning (about five years ago now) you could ride a 50cc moped with just a car licence. After that, if you take a CBT, you can ride anything up to 125cc. The full licence will allow you to ride absolutely anything, so long as you're over 21. Under 21, and you're limited to 33bhp (on any bike).

A CBT cost about 70 quid to do I think and, so long as you're not a retard on a bike, it's easily do-able in a day. A full test can be done in anything from three days (including CBT) to five for an intensive course, or however long you like for lessons/test like a car. My three-day instensive cost £450, to give you a rough idea of cost.

The above might not be entirely accurate though!

Smokey McPot
14-06-2006, 12:22
interesting. cheers.

Dno194
14-06-2006, 13:34
CBT is valid for two years and will enable you to ride up to a 125cc as long as it doesn't have over 14bhp (or 14.6bhp somewhere around that mark), and you need to display L plates. Mine cost £110. Have a look on www.bikechatforums.com as this topic has been covered before.

Deano

clio1.2_joel
14-06-2006, 13:35
If i hold a full driving license and want to get a bike, do i need to first do a CBT or anything, and what would be the largest engined one i could get without doing a full bike license test? Or do i have do to do one anyway?

I'm thinking about running a 125 or similar for my commute during the summer.....

yea u have to do your CBT mate, if u had a quad on the road u dont needa test for that...

VIPERONE
14-06-2006, 14:06
lol

my mate modded his vespa moped @ 125cc he claimed it would see a tonne

wavy
14-06-2006, 15:32
?if u have a full licence then do the cbt crap
how long can u ride a 125
when i had 1st bikes im sure i could run it for as long as i wanted but with learner plates using the car licence

Smokey McPot
14-06-2006, 17:47
Doesnt look as cost effective as i first thought....damn