PDA

View Full Version : New Kid!!!! On The Block

cliopete
14-06-2006, 00:59
Hi everybody.
Just a few lines to introduce myself. Probably the oldest boy racer in the club, even older than cliorod!!!
I have a Williams 2 that I inherited from my daughter Lucy L & previously owned by Kelly, both members ( two careful lady owners??? ) I don't think so.
It was originally owned by Prima Racing and was fitted with one of their body kits but has now been reverted back to standard except for the rear spoiler.
I'm not sure of the exact spec, it's lower than std. it has a stainless exhaust with decat pipe, K&N induction kit and I think it has been chipped as it was showing just short of 180 Bhp @ the flywheel on a recent power run on Minisports rollers with the excellent Rob at the controls.
I have owned several modified cars in the past including the usual things like Minis,MG's, RS 2000 Mk 2, a couple of 1.9 205 Gti's & 405 Mi16.
I have had the car for six months now, it's the first Renault I have actually owned and it is amazing to drive but I think my 205's had a slight edge in the handling dept. maybe one or two problems to be sorted yet ( Quirky Handling on FAQ forum).
I will post some pics soon, when I get my digi cam back off Lucy.

VIPERONE
14-06-2006, 01:11
welcome pete,

first question is lucy married ?

:wink:

wavy
14-06-2006, 01:42
welcome pal :)

Zollo
14-06-2006, 09:43
Welcome. Nice line of cars you've come from :twisted:

Kelly
14-06-2006, 10:09
Hi Pete.

Good to see the car is being looked after now anyway. I have plenty of pics of the old girl, and still have some of the service history I found at weekend, including the cambelt change if you want it

cliopete
14-06-2006, 10:37
Hi Kelly
Yes it's being looked after properly. Recently had some paintwork done, including the scrape on the nearside r. wing & the bonnet, to get rid of all the stone chips accumulated over the years Looking good again.
Do you see or hear from Lucy these days?
Any info you have would be greatly appreciated especially the cam belt change details. By the way who did the gearbox change as I have discovered a few faults, now rectified, including stripped mounting bolts caused by bolts being too short, only about 10mm engagement which can't be right in an alloy casting & a bolt missing from the dog bone to gearbox mounting.
Must be off now, keep in touch.
Pete

Kelly
14-06-2006, 12:16
8) Send me a PM with your address and i'll get the info and receipt(s) I have over to you.

Erm, the gearbox change was done by 2live, a member on here :)

I hope you managed to get that awful front wing painted too - unfortunately ended up like that after my pathetic ex decided to spray it outside on his drive in the dark?? Didn't see or find out til the Morning after when I saw the state of it, and didn't get round to having that work done :(

I've not seen Lucy for ages :( She mentioned she might go to FCS but never heard from her after that, about 8 weeks ago maybe :cry:

clio1.2_joel
14-06-2006, 13:29
oreyt mate welcome.

Scott-16v!
14-06-2006, 17:43
welcome :)

Gav
14-06-2006, 17:58
hi mate, welcome :D

Martin
16-06-2006, 19:43
Welcome chief, good to see the car still in the club