PDA

View Full Version : stalling prob- now ive fixed it!

diggs04
13-06-2006, 15:48
right, ive posted b4 but ive gotta try again as i cant deal with this shit ne longer.

start my car from cold idles fine. 5 mins later engine has warmed up a bit then every time a put clutch to floor my engine dies! traffic is a nightmare so is stopping as everytime i stop it stalls and everytime i change gear if im not quick enuff it stalls.

start the car back up its fine until i have to stop again.

please someone help, ive tried so many things and spent so much watsed money on bits i didnt need! :cry: :cry: :cry:

now ive changed -

Brand new iscv
changed throttle ps
changed rotor arm and dizzy cap
new coolant temp sensor
re-earthed all earths
lambda sensor

VIPERONE
13-06-2006, 16:00
the engine speed sensor, whcih sits above the flywheel.. it bolts on to the gear box 2 x 11mm nuts try change that,also test that all the wiring on the loom is intact, bolted down tight etc.. no chaffing etc.

gunner

diggs04
13-06-2006, 16:06
ok , i have wondered before about my loom but as its all taped up i worry that i will **** it up.when unwrapping tape.

i havent looked at the engine speed sensor yet, cheers

but why is it fine when cold? fine until it gets 1/4 way up on temp dial.

VIPERONE
13-06-2006, 16:25
you never said that it didnt stall when you depress the clutch when cold...
tbh your more than likely looking at a faulty engine speed sensor :-) i/we hope ..lol

MAXIBOY
13-06-2006, 17:13
other than that check that the clutch cable /pedal is not making contact when being operated. no need to undo the loam just check its not worn though or making contact behind the dash somewhere.

diggs04
13-06-2006, 18:11
sorry yeah when cold it runs perfect! when warm and just sat on idle i can depress clutch and dont stall so its nothing the clutch cable is doing.

so that engine speed sensor looks like a good one to change.i think sum1 esle has suggested that before actually.

Coops
13-06-2006, 18:21
i'd try a new ecu tbh, the old one could be water damaged and its easier than starting to rip ur loom apart! 8)

diggs04
14-06-2006, 18:48
it's a miracle! after battling with this stalling problem for 2 years ive fixed it.

i was reading through lunners renault workshop file and noticed it said the screw on throttle housing has to be screwed right down. so went outside screwed it right down now it dont stall!!! i let the car warm right up so fan was go took it out didtn stall once!

i mega happy! :D :D :D

this should be added to gunnergibbsons idle fixes!

VIPERONE
14-06-2006, 19:59
LOL i didnt believe it possible for another idle fault lol

cheers adding it now.. and nice one!!!