PDA

View Full Version : Possible trackday at Teesside Autodrome, Middlesbrough

porscheboy
13-06-2006, 15:16
Hi everyone, an aquaintance gave me the contact details for your club, and suggested contacting you. I understand you may be looking to organise a trackday towards the end of July. We are in a position to lay one on at Teesside Autodrome, Middlesbrough on a Monday or Tuesday towards the end of July, beginning of August. We could cater for between 25 and 30 cars, and instructors, including Danny Buxton, 2003 Clio Champion, would be on hand to help those in need.

The cost would be somewhere between £75 and £99 for the day, depending upon numbers attending, and instruction would be £15 for a 20 minute session.

Teesside is a circuit well suited to small, agile saloons, and especially for people with little, or no trackday experience, hence there would be emphasis on the day to cater for total novices. It would depend on the day, whether we ran open pit lane, or in 3x20 minute sessions each hour, with a view to running open pit lane after lunch when the novice drivers were more up to speed.

Obviously, Middlesbrough is not the easiest of circuits to drive to for some, and for those living south of Manchester, or in the Manchester area, we are planning to run some similar events at Three Sisters Circuit, Wigan.

Both these circuits, provide full catering facilities, and should you require a buffet style lunch we can discuss any specific requirements beforehand. They are also used for numerous scholarships including bearacingdriver.com, run by Tim Sugden, the Max5 scholarship, and several others, so providing good training facilities for anyone contemplating entering any of those

Should anyone want to contact me direct, please feel free to e-mail me at avitesse@ntlworld.com. If you require details of Teesside Autodrome, check their website at www.teessideautodrome.co.uk or Three Sisters at www.racing-school.co.uk

Look forward to answering any questions, Howard

Winston
13-06-2006, 16:26
Three Sisters Circuit, Wigan.......Bring it on, I'd be well up for this

Zollo
13-06-2006, 16:30
Yeah, Three Sisters is a lot more do-able for me!

Bayliss
13-06-2006, 16:43
i'm going to teeside autodrome at end of this month peeps and its a good track too, i'll get some pics up of it when i've been at the end of this month with rs owners club!!!

If anyone wants to attend thi event at end of next month i'm sure i can put a few ppl up for the night if u want to stay over and a night on town as track is 5 mins away from my house

VIPERONE
13-06-2006, 16:45
Bayliss book me in at your gaff, night on the lash me thnks

Swervin_Mervin
13-06-2006, 16:45
i'm going to teeside autodrome at end of this month peeps and its a good track too, i'll get some pics up of it when i've been at the end of this month with rs owners club!!!

If anyone wants to attend thi event at end of next month i'm sure i can put a few ppl up for the night if u want to stay over and a night on town as track is 5 mins away from my house

It's alright, but it's a bit straight forward.

porscheboy
14-06-2006, 20:03
That would depend upon which circuit you used, admittedly, some configurations are fairly straight forward, but we would operate on the more interesting layout.

POWARTEK
15-06-2006, 02:50
teesside autodrome!!!!!!!!!!!

get it on, we have a few karting sessions planned here! cant Wait

Bayliss
15-06-2006, 08:46
powertek where do u live mate bcos when i'm off work i always see this mint williams go passed my house and i'm yet to find out who's it is

porscheboy
18-06-2006, 17:52
we need some feedback as to how many cars we could expect, so we know whether to provide a dedicated day just for Williamsclio members, cheers

Lunner
18-06-2006, 18:39
open pit lane is a must, we are all decent people on here and no one in my experience is an arsehole on track so novices shoudl be ok.

I think 95% of people attending will ahve atleast one trackday under their belt, even if it was just an hour at FCS.

It is a bit far north for my liking, even though i'll eb based in leeds in the week, still a treck. Not a massive fan of airflied circuits as they are too flat, i prefer the challenge etc of off camber/on camber corners and hills to go up and down (love cadwell!)

Still if it was an official club meet and loads of other people were going and it was sub £100 i'm sure i coudl manage to hurl my ass up there.

Whats 3 sisters like, think this woudl possibly be the better option as its slightly more central

Bayliss
25-06-2006, 18:17
just done this trackday yesturday with RS Owners Club and what a day it was, really enjoyed it, when i get some pics from other ppl who where there i'll get them posted up